The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
All Alloy Cup progress
Malcolm said
"I had an embarrassing moment once getting into the Ulster. Having got my leg over the cockpit side (ooh Matron!) I got the gear stick up my left trouser leg and for a worrying moment I thought I had three testicles, one of which was cold and very hard."

You should try a BSA three-wheeler, the gearshift comes up through the front floor and points straight at the family jewels!
Hi folks , back on this thread after a long layoff! ?
Having helped Neil M do some nickel plating for his GE Cup Special last week I remembered
I hadn’t polished or plated my own replica  Cup interior door catches and slams.
 These came as rough castings and took a fair bit of fettling ,before polishing on the buff.
Plated them today, two at a time, for 15 minutes , using a car charger and a resistance that came
With the original plating kit.

Hope to start on the garage Spring clean next week and the rebuild of the Cup steering gear.
Plus attend to numerous other small problems.

Now that I’ve had 3 jabs and finally got Covid and recovered I feel that Ishould be getting about more
In the Cup or the TR3A now that the weather is slowly getting warmer.

Bill G
Aka AllAlloyCup

Near the Scottish Border

Based near the Scottish Border,
Any suggestions about how to re-inject some motivation to get back to motoring matters?
I’ve have such a long layoff I need to kick start getting the Austin GE Cup back on the road.
Do something every day, no matter how small. Even if it is just making a phone call…
Hi Bill,

why not arrange a day run near you? I would be happy to help and bring a car over to take part.

Give me a call at some pint and we can get a date arranged in the diary.

Take care,

Ruairidh
(02-02-2023, 11:13 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Hi Bill,

why not arrange a day run near you?  I would be happy to help and bring a car over to take part.

Give me a call at some pint and we can get a date arranged in the diary.

Take care,

Ruairidh

How Freudian 

Big Grin   Howard
How sensible, surely? Big Grin
Good to see you back here Bill, crack on!
Thanks folks for the encouragement!!
Hi Bill,

If you're looking for something to boost your enthusiasm for the job, just look at any picture of Ruairidh in his GE - he always has the biggest of grins.
Just keep imagining that first drive.

Good luck,
Colin