The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
All Alloy Cup progress
Bon appétit Bill!
Brilliant Bill, easier than a Super Seven and about the same as a Morgan, so no worries at all until you really get old!
Hi Bill

The problem I found in my first Special was that whilst I could just about get in and out, once inside the space was so claustrophobic I barely used the hood. I’ve decided not to bother with the Brookfields special and invested in some good waterproofs  Smile.

Cheers

Howard
It's the noise in the Ulster - almost unbearable...
Next time you have a run out in the Ulster, I’ll come with you and bring my banjo, that’s loud enough and bearable, according to my wife...
It’s a date, one I am happy to bear!

.jpeg   8D5FA02A-AD9D-4432-AC33-426C7ED56B66.jpeg (Size: 67.68 KB / Downloads: 339)
.jpeg   D3EB8D09-F4B9-4BF8-AD2B-EFA76B19A774.jpeg (Size: 38.52 KB / Downloads: 339)

Sitting here summoning up the courage to start cutting out!
My plan is to be able to have these two pieces joined together 
along the line of the rear hood stick.

The front hood stick will insert into a recess in the hood fabric and
will have Velcro along the back of that hood stick to secure the hood 
fabric and hold down the small storm flap in front of the windscreen.

Not decided just yet about webbing straps though Tom Abernethy has
kindly sent some sketches of how he does his hoods.

Got some hefty stainless steel liftadot pegs from the USA and will
double the fabric where they are mounted around the rear edge as 
Also suggested by Tom.

Once cut will try fit the pieces to double check alignments

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Impressive time lapse photos of you getting into the A-A-C with the hood up, Bill.  The Yoga classes are obviously working.
No photos of me getting into the Pytchley, unfortunately.  It must be the easiest Austin 7 to get into, no running boards and huge forward opening doors.
I had an embarrassing moment once getting into the Ulster.  Having got my leg over the cockpit side (ooh Matron!) I got the gear stick up my left trouser leg and for a worrying moment I thought I had three testicles, one of which was cold and very hard.
Yesterday afternoon was spent getting into my garage.  When I unlocked the door, the lock went past top dead centre or whatever and shot back into the locked position, defying all attempts to move with the key.  As all my house breaking tools were locked in the garage, as well as a power point, I had to call upon the services of a neighbour who had a grinder with a fine cutting disc.  A 50m extension cable was needed from the house but we were able to cut through the mortice and regain entry without causing any significant damage.
Photo of the Pytchley showing ease of access.    
Hi Malcolm

I like the classic BMC Mini door locks!

It has a bigger door than I remembered.

Keep safe

BillG
Based near the Scottish Border,