The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
All Alloy Cup progress
There is a 1933 RP saloon near me which is electric but it's future is in doubt as the DVLA have given it a Q plate, whilst there is a 1934 tourer which was electric and is in the prces of being returned to original power.
(04-03-2023, 11:02 AM)Dave Mann Wrote: There is a 1933 RP saloon near me which is electric but its future is in doubt as the DVLA have given it a Q plate...

I think that this is something that the electrifiers haven't considered, i.e. that if you change the power plant to a modern one (whether it be electric or petrol) then it's likely to lose its historic status.
How come the hotrodders get away with it?
Not all the hot rodders get away with it, some build rods to BIVA spec, which takes some really hard work, others are careful to retain as many original parts to remain within the points system...but some cheat!

I imagine the person who built the electric seven, didn’t do his homework as there are a growing number of electric classics out there retaining their original registrations.
Solar system finally installed and generating 1 kw at 9 am on a cold March morning but sunny on the 10 panels on the roof of the TR & Cup garage. Let’s see what it does at 12 noon when the sun is due south and better aligned with the PV panels.

Soon to be augmented with the 10 kwh electrical battery and a 10kwh heat battery to catch the spare electricity for free house electricity and free hot water some 6 months of the year . Rest of the year tap into mostly off peak electricity rates using the batteries to time shift.

Must get the Cup back on the road ?

Bill G

Based near the Scottish Border,
Garage solar setup producing 10kwh energy every day so far,
given that this is early in March augurs we’ll for summer outputs of perhaps
20kwh max? In May June July?

The house only uses 6kwh per day and will use another 4kwh to feed the heat battery that
will service our hot water requirements.

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,