The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Austin Seven
(01-10-2018, 06:30 PM)Paul Nott Wrote: Hi guys
thanks for all your replies, I'm also coming to the conclusion that the mudguards and running boards will have to be removed.

Do you know of any supplier of simple cycle wings?

I do agree its probably a bit to pretty to trial, once I've rewired and done all the recommissioning work I may think again.

However I really want to trial, I'm not a polish and show kind of guy, more a 5000 rev's, mud, rain, wind and beer kind- so the 'old girl' may have to accept a few knocks and scrapes!
Thanks for the advise.

Mudguards available from Armour motor products Ltd in Bournemouth. They are selling new old stock motorcycle mudguards at a very very good price. The guards available in ally,stainless steel and mild steel. The MS ones do have some surface rust but a quick rub down and some rust killer will sort that. They no longer advertise these on there web site, but give them a ring.01202 519409 
The owner of Towsure, Stuart Hogg used to have a 1929 chummy. I think the business is now run by his son. All quite irrelevant.
If you might need some different springs I have new six and a half inch cambers in stock.
(13-11-2018, 11:12 PM)Peter Clayton Wrote:
thanks for all your replies, I'm also coming to the conclusion that the mudguards and running boards will have to be removed.

I do agree its probably a bit to pretty to trial, once I've rewired and done all the recommissioning work I may think again.

However I really want to trial, I'm not a polish and show kind of guy, more a 5000 rev's, mud, rain, wind and beer kind- so the 'old girl' may have to accept a few knocks and scrapes!
Thanks for the advise.

Mudguards available from Armour motor products Ltd in Bournemouth. They are selling new old stock motorcycle mudguards at a very very good price. The guards available in ally,stainless steel and mild steel. The MS ones do have some surface rust but a quick rub down and some rust killer will sort that. They no longer advertise these on there web site, but give them a ring.01202 519409 

(14-11-2018, 04:09 PM)Paul Nott Wrote:
(13-11-2018, 11:12 PM)Peter Clayton Wrote:

Thanks for the advise.
Thanks for the advise Peter, I will give them a call.