The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Austin Seven on holiday in France
Absolutely brilliant Bryan - well done to all three of you!

I always enjoy reading and seeing the photos of your adventures, always gets me in the mood for a new one myself! Big Grin
Ruairidh, that's very kind of you.

Never the less, I'm always trying to reach your very high standard of picture taking! Somehow, I think scenery and views are all very well but good interesting pictures need people in them! I will try to post some from this trip!

Bryan.
A few more pictures:

Young admirers:

Two French men showing an interest at a coffee stop:

Not often the petrol is served for you and then the lady makes and serves coffee in the bar and then offers lunch with apple pie cooked by her mother!

This racing cycle belonged to one of the Australian cyclist we spoke to on the Col des Avaris and he had bought it with him for his holiday in France. The frame is a special alloy and is welded and the cycle weighs less than 8 kilos. The Col des Avaris is one of the Tour de France climbs.

You seem to have found the sort of France I go looking for! I find that when I pull up for a coffee I can hardly get the key out of the ignition before I'm involved in a conversation. It's the nicest way to involve yourself in the culture of the places you visit. Having repeated favourite routes in a modern car there is no chance of the same engagement as can be found with what I always regard as an"ice-breaker".
Crack on!
Vive la vie vente!
Splendid thread Brian, and splendid photos.
Absolutely first rate Bryan. I would endorse Ruairidh's comment. It has got me plotting another adventure in France next year.
Thank you Duncan for your comments and I'm glad it's your sort of France too! Yes, the byways and off the beaten track routes show the real France.

Thanks also Ruairidh for your comments and I look forward to your next trip with more of your superb pictures.

Also. pleased you like the pictures Dave and hope we some from you soon, too!

Hope I'm not boring you with too many pics but here are a few more!

More coffee stops:

Certainly not boring us Bryan, keep them coming. I hope you will write a story of your adventure in due course, they are always an enjoyable read.
Thank you for the reports and lovely photos Bryan. Sounds as if it has been a memorably wonderful trip. We have thoroughly enjoyed sharing it with you both.