The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports model
Hello all again,

I am trying to find information on when the "sports model" started product for public sale 1924?
Any info in greatly appreciated.
(23-09-2018, 11:14 PM)Simon Anderson Wrote: Hello all again,

I am trying to find information on when the "sports model" started product for public sale 1924?
Any info in greatly appreciated.
Simon - I'm writing this from the local Library, thus not at home to check the exact dates, but am certain the Sports 50 was advertised with a photo the first week in January 1924 in a couple of Car magazines, also a news release with a different view at the same time.  One (possibly two) also competed in a Trial (from memory it was the Colmore) in February.  And one was driven up for the Scottish Motor Show in January.   I have photocopies of all the previous if you wish me to email them to you.  ausevenoz@gmail.com    All the chassis references including the Wyatt book say the first Sports (with chassis 3124) was in March 1924.  Whilst chassis 3124 was probably correct for March, obviously the earlier-produced, Sports versions would have had earlier numbers.  Perhaps that chassis had a particular change in March causing it to be recorded as it was on the Factory production cards.  Stanley Edge designed the body in December 1923 (and I discussed this with him) but I forget the exact  date - will have it at home.  Incidentally it was called the Sports 50 because it would do 50 mph at the time a standard Chummy would only do 38.   Hope this helps.   Cheers,  Bill in Oz
Here are Stan’s sketches:

https://gordonenglandregister.wordpress....-notebook/
Thank you,

For the Aussies, was there ever an Western Australia Body-coach builder ?