The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nippy windscreen and surround
(17-09-2018, 08:50 PM)Rpm Wrote: Dave, Thank you so much for your good info really appreciate and yes I may ask for some pics. Just one other thing should you know. Why do so many nippy doors hang terrible, mine pop out at bottom not addressed that problem yet as I’m awaiting delivery of this car some time soon.
That’s again Dave.
Regards Rob

Hello RPM, regarding the doors sticking out at the bottom, This would appear to be a common problem on the seven.
I have the same problem on my RP, and tried to rectify it by using a method kindly suggested by Ruairidn Dunford.
by putting a strap on the inside and twisting the door.  This twisted the door ok but I then found that the door (as mentioned in a previous reply), fouled the inner sill.  If you do manage to sort it, perhaps you could let me know how.

Smiley
Hi smiley, I’m going to give the doors my full attention firstly with some of the suggestions given in this thread and then onto my own correction. I will of course keep you posted ,it’s not an insurmountable problem. Appreciate your contact .
Regards RPM
Rob, as suggested above you will get a lot more input on this if you move the thread to the main forum (though I confess I'd like to know how to do that myself...) rather than hidden in sales and wants.

Some interesting advice above. One of the fundamental problems with Nippies is the original cills are weak and they tend to 'break their backs' over time, the door opening distorts and then of course the doors will not fit. I would suggest this issue (assuming you have it) needs to be addressed before fettling the doors themselves. One way is 'Crooks cure' (see the 750 companion) but I dare say there are other solutions.

Another issue is that the door posts are wood wrapped in steel i.e. basically a rot trap, and I lost count of the number of times I had to bodge mine to give the door hinges something solid to hang from.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that sooner or later most Nippy owners have to bite the bullet and do something to beef up the body itself, the doors are just a symptom.
Thank you chris, thats somthing to consider in very near future, whats is "crooks cure" and 750 companion? I will try and get my want into main thread.
Thanks again Chris.
Regards Rob

Hi Chris just looked up A7 companion. will buy that book also crooks something to do with welding some support into chassis will also look into that and get that done before any adjustment. i know absolutly nothing about these little Austins. sure i will in time. posted an ad in main thread. really hope i get some luck locating..
Rob
(22-09-2018, 08:38 PM)Rpm Wrote: Thank you chris, thats somthing to consider in very near future, whats is "crooks cure" and 750 companion? I will try and get my want into main thread.  
Thanks again Chris.
Regards Rob

Hi Chris just looked up A7 companion. will buy that book also crooks something to do with welding some support into chassis will also look into that and get that done before any adjustment. i know absolutly nothing about these little Austins. sure i will in time. posted an ad in main thread. really hope i get some luck locating..
Rob

Jamie at Seven Workshop or Dave at A7 Components can sort you out with a copy. It's a must-read for A7 owners and contains much wisdom (and perhaps a little folly!)

'Crook's cure' is one way. I'm not sure it is the way I would personally go as I'd rather keep the car looking original underneath.