The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads Starting in Sales and Wants
At least a couple of 'sales and wants' ads have developed into technical discussions which might benefit from the input of other forum members or indeed be of interest and value to others. Do we have a mechanism to transfer existing threads from 'S&W' into the 'forum chat' section?

My assumption is that most members only visit S&W when they are short of something so may be unaware of these threads.
I noticed also that Sales and Wants dont' seem to come up on 'new posts' as they are on a slightly different part of the forum.
Hello Chris,
If you let me know which thread I can duplicate it in the main forum if that would suit, it would allow the original to stay in sales and wants should it need to stay there.

Jon, I didn't realise they didn't come up in 'new posts', I know they do in 'Today's posts'. I will check if it is possible to add them to new posts.
OK, so 'View New Posts' does include sales and wants forums.
Just a thought, but would it be useful instead of the weird randomly disappearing 'New Posts' and short time span 'Todays Posts' to just have a 'Latest Posts' which covers, latest posts in all forums for the past week? It would make it easier to catch up on all forums especially if you miss a day or two?
(23-09-2018, 12:08 AM)Timothy P Wrote: OK, so 'View New Posts' does include sales and wants forums.
Just a thought, but would it be useful instead of the weird randomly disappearing 'New Posts' and short time span 'Todays Posts' to just have a 'Latest Posts' which covers, latest posts in all forums for the past week? It would make it easier to catch up on all forums especially if you miss a day or two?

I think that I must be missing something because I cannot actually find the Sales and Wants forum in the first place. Where is it, please?

Jamie.
(23-09-2018, 09:00 AM)Jamie Wrote:
(23-09-2018, 12:08 AM)Timothy P Wrote: OK, so 'View New Posts' does include sales and wants forums.

I think that I must be missing something because I cannot actually find the Sales and Wants forum in the first place. Where is it, please?

Jamie.

Proves my point I think!

Click 'Austin Seven Friends' in small blue font under your user name at top left of screen, it should take you to a menu page, Sales and Wants are 4th and 5th down the page respectively.

(22-09-2018, 10:52 PM)Timothy P Wrote: Hello Chris,
If you let me know which thread I can duplicate it in the main forum if that would suit, it would allow the original to stay in sales and wants should it need to stay there.

Jon, I didn't realise they didn't come up in 'new posts', I know they do in 'Today's posts'. I will check if it is possible to add them to new posts.

Sounds good Timothy. The two I have in mind are:

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/foru...p?tid=1742

&

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/foru...p?tid=1680
Both of those done Chris and it's a very good point as both contain good info. For the moment feel free to drop me a PM if you see any more.

I am interested to read that areas of the forum other than the main forum are being missed, which has me wondering whether there is more that can be done to make things easier and more accessible. I found that threads were being missed on the events forum and events posted in the main forum gained more replies. I think events can easily be discussed in the main forum without issue, but I'm unsure whether adverts would work in the same way. Maybe it would, posters could 'bump' their threads to keep them on the first page (maybe limit to one 'bump' a day). This would mean threads with valuable info are all in the same place too. It may also make it easier monitor.
Thoughts very welcome.
(23-09-2018, 06:07 PM)Timothy P Wrote: Both of those done Chris and it's a very good point as both contain good info. For the moment feel free to drop me a PM if you see any more.

I am interested to read that areas of the forum other than the main forum are being missed, which has me wondering whether there is more that can be done to make things easier and more accessible. I found that threads were being missed on the events forum and events posted in the main forum gained more replies. I think events can easily be discussed in the main forum without issue, but I'm unsure whether adverts would work in the same way. Maybe it would, posters could 'bump' their threads to keep them on the first page (maybe limit to one 'bump' a day). This would mean threads with valuable info are all in the same place too. It may also make it easier monitor.
Thoughts very welcome.

Thanks Timothy. I didn't find the home page until a couple of weeks ago - had failed to understand there was more!
Chris,
" Click 'Austin Seven Friends' in small blue font under your user name at top left of screen, it should take you to a menu page, Sales and Wants are 4th and 5th down the page respectively."

Thank you.

Jamie.