The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyce motometer seal
Can anyone please help me source a spare seal for my winged Boyce radiator cap. I can't see one listed on the spares sites that I have visited.
Regards
Peter
(22-09-2018, 09:49 AM)Biddlecombe Wrote: Can anyone please help me source a spare seal for my winged Boyce radiator cap. I can't see one listed on the spares sites that I have visited.
Regards
Peter
I have used a fibre washer successfully.
Robert Leigh
(22-09-2018, 09:57 AM)Robert Leigh Wrote:
(22-09-2018, 09:49 AM)Biddlecombe Wrote: Can anyone please help me source a spare seal for my winged Boyce radiator cap. I can't see one listed on the spares sites that I have visited.
Regards
Peter
I have used a fibre washer successfully.
Robert Leigh

Yes, thank you. Mine is a fibre, worn out, I have looked at A7 Components BD241s but it is not the same.
make your own - Cork tile, look up gasket paper on er bay. The spirit of the Austin 7 surely is make do and mend ?

Bob
Peter, are you talking about the seal between the motometer and the cap, or cap and radiator?

For either I would suggest arm yourself with key dimensions and have a rummage on ebay. I have yet to find a rubber seal that lasts ten minutes but my present cap to radiator seal is cork and was intended for an old British Motorbike of some sort.
(22-09-2018, 11:43 AM)Chris KC Wrote: Peter, are you talking about the seal between the motometer and the cap, or cap and radiator?

For either I would suggest arm yourself with key dimensions and have a rummage on ebay. I have yet to find a rubber seal that lasts ten minutes but my present cap to radiator seal is cork and was intended for an old British Motorbike of some sort.

Thank you everybody, all sorted.