The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanley Edge. Is there an early photo?
I have seen photos of Stanley Edge in later life but never one of him as a young man. Does an image exist of him around the time he was with Austin?
This is a photo of the Austin Osprey taken in March 1918. Stanley is the young lad on the left - he would be 15 at the time. Six months later he would be transferred from the Aero Experimental Department to the main Car Drawing Office.

.jpg   002.jpg (Size: 150.41 KB / Downloads: 289)
Nick,

There is a photo of Stan astride the Connaught motor cycle he used to commute on in Bryan Purves The Austin Seven Source Book. The photo is not particularly good and I don't think the Assn. Archives has others.
Ah, brilliant. Many thanks Mike and Chris. I am taking the Box to a primary school next week and I want to show the kids that the person who designed significant parts of the car was not really much older than they are. That photo will do the job nicely.
Given his stature, we can see why we landed up with such a compact car!
[attachment=3997]
I will try and send this again.  I just cleaned up the screened photo. Sorry about the crap you got.  Bruce