The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1928 or 1929 Chummy?
(15-09-2018, 10:38 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: How does one become a legend?

You have to be very very old. Smile
(15-09-2018, 09:11 PM)Franco Marx Wrote:
(15-09-2018, 09:10 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Do you have a chassis number?

Will check and revert.

Finding and identifying in particular the Chassis Number together with the Car Number, Engine Number and Rear Axle manufacturing date will assist in confirming the year of your car and its major components. The following Austin 7 Clubs Association PDF link should help in locating these numbers on your car:

http://a7ca.org/downloads/QuoteThisNumber.pdf
Hi Ruairidh

A wonderful story about the child. Do that today here and you would face endless persecution for touching and be booted out of teaching for sure. And they wonder why men are reluctant to take up the job.

Nevertheless I am curious about the use of words.  The first word is now standard English. Here a very imaginitive and observant child may have managed the bearded adjective.  But in place of Wizard something far more base would have been typical use. Had the class been studying anything to imprint the word Wizard?
Sunday morning, second cup, random thoughts:

"Wizzard" is the Terry Pratchett term.

Rincewind is the main wizzard character, who cannot do much magic to get him out of trouble, but is very good at running.

So, after "Slack Alice" and "BeeBee", if there is a next one, it will have to be "Rincewind"

...keeps on running....

S
I always thought Roy Wood pre-dated Terry Pratchett.
Alan Fairless
He did Alan, but he Moved first!

Steve
I think you can blame Harry Potter Bob.

A question for you please, how does one get a reputation rating of 53 and where can I get a friend like Ritchie Wilson?

Absolutely hysterical - made my day!
(16-09-2018, 10:55 AM)Steve Jones Wrote: He did Alan, but he Moved first!

Steve

ELO Steve.
Alan Fairless
(16-09-2018, 11:03 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: A question for you please, how does one get a reputation rating of 53 and where can I get a friend like Ritchie Wilson?

You know what they say about statistics, Ruairidh Wink Wink 

Steve
(16-09-2018, 07:58 AM)Slack Alice Wrote: Sunday morning, second cup, random thoughts:

"Wizzard" is the Terry Pratchett term.

Rincewind is the main wizzard character, who cannot do much magic to get him out of trouble, but is very good at running.

So, after "Slack Alice" and "BeeBee", if there is a next one, it will have to be "Rincewind"

...keeps on running....

S

I don't go much on naming cars but consider naming my two Boanerges.. One is noisy... I live in hope for the other.