The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pilgrimage to Santiago di Compostella
For what it's worth I'll be in Santiago for a few days in October, let me know if anything I can gather up for you. If nothing else I may be able to suggest a place to stay.
(31-08-2017, 06:58 PM)Chris KC Wrote: For what it's worth I'll be in Santiago for a few days in October, let me know if anything I can gather up for you. If nothing else I may be able to suggest a place to stay.

That'll be great, thanks. We're looking at reasonably priced overnight accommodation such as Formula 1 or Première Classe or the equivalent, just to keep the costs down. I don't want the wife to think I'll be enjoying myself...
Don't tell me you found a piece of the true cross in behind the coachwork Malcolm!
(31-08-2017, 09:03 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Don't tell me you found a piece of the true cross in behind the coachwork Malcolm!

I did find the original St Christopher plaque under the back seat of the saloon when I got it, does that count?
Good enough for me!
In 2014 we went to Spain in the Liege. We drove through the Picos de Europa and Pyrenees. Fabulous scenery and super traffic free roads although being in the Liege we did make use of some unmetalled roads! It is worth taking your time to drive sedately and enjoy the experience without being hassled by impatient drivers.

Took a photo of the Liege in the same place as Ruairidh’s 7 so here is one further down the road  

Cheers, Roger
Ace!
(31-08-2017, 07:08 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote:
(31-08-2017, 06:58 PM)Chris KC Wrote: For what it's worth I'll be in Santiago for a few days in October, let me know if anything I can gather up for you. If nothing else I may be able to suggest a place to stay.

That'll be great, thanks. We're looking at reasonably priced overnight accommodation such as Formula 1 or Première Classe or the equivalent, just to keep the costs down. I don't want the wife to think I'll be enjoying myself...

We're going for my birthday so we pushed the boat out a little, having said that the place we chose was cheaper than many of the town centre options and gets lots of 5-star reviews. Check out Casa Grande do Bachao. It's just outside Santiago up a little track in the woods (so I'm guessing no probs to park a Seven safely). If you remind me in November I'll tell you whether it was any good! Our second choice price-wise would have been one of the AirBnB rooms, but parking might be an issue. (Plus I personally have issues with AirBnB's crazy security policies).
Reckers - which pass will take you over the Pyrenees?  We chose the Roncal (where I boiled the gearbox dry!).

It is pretty spectacular - you could choose a second pass to come back on...

(02-09-2017, 09:11 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Reckers - which pass will take you over the Pyrenees?  We chose the Roncal (where I boiled the gearbox dry!).

It is pretty spectacular - you could choose a second pass to come back on...

Nice pics Ruairidh! Are those the clouds of smoke coming from your gearbox? :o)