The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Which head
There are two cr variants of the l.c head, and many have been shaved. Nominally 1.5 inch thick. Depending how it is done gains from raising 18mm l.c  often small.
The 2 brg engines are distinctly more harsh with the 3 brg hc head, and more so when cr has been further raised. Power and torque is considerably increased, but not to extent of raising top speed by 1/3!! The gain is esp noticeable in gears on hills where wind resistance has less effect and speed is more proportional to power.i
It’s a bit like ALIENS , just because you have never seen one it doesn’t mean that they are not out there. I was told by a very respected supplier that they exist.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
(07-02-2019, 11:32 AM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: It’s a bit like ALIENS , just because you have never seen one it doesn’t mean that they are not out there. I was told by a very respected supplier that they exist.

I'm with Zeto on this one; I have neither seen nor heard of one however, I have seen plenty of HC heads with 18mm sparking plugs - modified to make them VSCC eligibility compliant.
(08-02-2019, 09:21 PM)Ian McGowan Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 11:32 AM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: It’s a bit like ALIENS , just because you have never seen one it doesn’t mean that they are not out there. I was told by a very respected supplier that they exist.

I'm with Zeto on this one; I have neither seen nor heard of one however, I have seen plenty of HC heads with 18mm sparking plugs - modified to make them VSCC eligibility compliant.

I have to say that has always struck me as a particularly daft rule.
The VSCC is full of daft rules. Perhaps that’s why it’s such a good club.
Alan Fairless