The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bezel for petrol gauge.
My chrome platers have lost the bezel from my petrol gauge.  It's the standard Lucas gauge with 56mm dia bezel from my late '32 Tourer.  I think the same gauge was used until 1939.  Does anyone have a spare please? Or maybe a scrap gauge with a sound bezel? Condition of brass/chrome unimportant.
Thank you.
(07-09-2018, 11:08 AM)Mick Hobday Wrote: My chrome platers have lost the bezel from my petrol gauge.  It's the standard Lucas gauge with 56mm dia bezel from my late '32 Tourer.  I think the same gauge was used until 1939.  Does anyone have a spare please? Or maybe a scrap gauge with a sound bezel? Condition of brass/chrome unimportant.
Thank you.
I have a gauge with a broken needle. There is slight deterioration of the chrome under the dirt and a tiny ripple on the edge of the bezel, but I am sure it would flatten easily. Give me an email address and I will send you a picture; I don't know to do it here (what's a URL? I've got the picture on a memory card). I am lordshipvilla@hotmail.co.uk
Robert Leigh
Why not just get a new one? See BG168b here.
(08-09-2018, 08:53 PM)David Cochrane Wrote: Why not just get a new one? See BG168b here.

There is also a good one here :-

http://7ca.co.uk/used_parts.htm
Thank you to all those who replied.  I never thought to look for a new one, I assumed they were no longer produced!  I'm still living in the 1970s when all stuff like that was used and plentiful. 
 I am now fixed up, thank you very much.