The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
electronic distributors - any further feedback?
(16-09-2017, 06:50 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Why would you think that Austin?

I'm sure the unless you are very lucky, any manufacturer/retailer of a product that was returned in a modified state e.g. holes drilled and "aged", regardless of the fault, I would say that the warranty was invalid because the item is not as it was supplied.

If in the event of a problem, Accuspark are happy to replace a modified distributor, they deserve praise.
I am happy that I have not altered anything that would cause them to be unreasonable Austin and, if I have, 'tis too late.

I will let you know if I encounter any problems.
(16-09-2017, 07:54 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I am happy that I have not altered anything that would cause them to be unreasonable Austin and, if I have, 'tis too late.

I will let you know if I encounter any problems.

It would be interesting to see what Accuspark think about it before other people copy your alterations.
Looking at the mods that Ruairidh has made there seems only one that potentially would be noticeable on return to the manufacturer, the two 5ba blind threaded holes that were added to mount the aluminium name / graduation plate. A small amount of paint remover to strip the paint added and replacement of the original parts removed, I doubt that the supplier would even notice
The hole that is provided for the bent oiler is tapped @ 6mm but the pipe itself to has vertually no thread on my unit.
In my opinion this is making a molehill into a mountain .
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
I agree with Derek on this. In fact, I think I will copy what Ruairidh has done on my Powerspark unit. It does look much better "aged". From what I can gather, any failure with this type of distributor is with the electronics and not the mechanical parts. The modification of 2 x 5BA holes to mount the plate would in my opinion be of no concequence.
Really pleased with this as I did the same thing this morning

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
That looks very good indeed Derek - nice work!

I had a surprising (to me) incident yesterday with mine which I have only ever seen on a Model T and read about it happening with Rolls Royces. I switched the ignition on and the car started! It would be quite a cool party trick to learn!
(17-09-2017, 03:15 PM)Austin Carr Wrote: It would be interesting to see what Accuspark think about it before other people copy your alterations.

Austin,

I wrote to the Director at Accuspark detailing the changes I had made to the unit along with the above photographs (including the one from Derek) and asked him for his thoughts.

He replied today:

"Hi Ruairidh

Nice touches , funny we also have a customer who buys minilight wheels from us , lovely and shiny first thing he does is spray then with silver spray paint.( he does historic racing )

I hope this sets your mind at rest.

All the best.
OIt's really good to get this official response, not that I was bothered in any case. As stated previously it only needed a drop of paint remover. Perhaps a business opportunity for somebody . Lol
(22-09-2017, 06:39 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote:
(17-09-2017, 03:15 PM)Austin Carr Wrote: It would be interesting to see what Accuspark think about it before other people copy your alterations.

Austin,

I wrote to the Director at Accuspark detailing the changes I had made to the unit along with the above photographs (including the one from Derek) and asked him for his thoughts.

He replied today:

"Hi Ruairidh

Nice touches  , funny we also have a customer who buys minilight wheels from us , lovely and shiny first thing he does is spray then with silver spray paint.( he does historic racing )

I hope this sets your mind at rest.

All the best.

Ruairidh,

O.K. I was being over cautious but I always think that is better to save than sorry.