The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby M2 Loom Route
I’ve got what I believe to be an Autosparks loom and would be grateful if someone could post some pics of the loom in the engine bay and elsewhere to show the route
Also the loom doesn’t appear to have a pink wire which from the wiring diagrams I’ve seen is for the indicator switch 
Any advice would be great 
Thanks
Bumped
Hi

As far as I know, the routes of the loom didn't change between the early and Late Ruby.  Some wire colours did change, e.g. the Pink feed to the indicators became Purple/Black. Nearly all Rubies will have been converted to double dipping headlights and twin rear lights in addition to the central one, so aftermarket looms will allow for this.

See my wiring diagram on the DA7C site here:  http://www.da7c.co.uk/technical_torque_a...rubies.htm

I don't have a very good pic, but the main loom comes through the bulkhead on the offside (RHD) just under the cutout, then comes forward.  There are a couple of black phenolic saddle clamps to hold it down (repros available). One part then carries on along the inside of the offside wing, finishing at the dynamo (yellow and green).  The main live feed is taken from the terminal of the starter switch, where the thick starter cable (not part of the loom) connects. The other loom part heads across the car to the headlamp dip switch. From there to the headlamps are separate 2 core pieces for main and dip. The wiring for the horn and trafficators is via a 4 core cable up the inside of the stator tube, which connects to the rest of the car via a circular bakelite 4 way junction box on the level part of the bulkhead near the cutout.

Horn wiring is routed inside the car under the dash, then emerges at the centre near the bonnet hinge via a grommet and goes forward to the horn.

Wiring going rearwards to the tail lights and petrol tank is on the offside of the car, probably along the chassis rail.

Attached Files
.jpg   1935 Ruby Engine Bay.jpg (Size: 100.79 KB / Downloads: 171)
John
That’s a great response 
That drg is spot on
Many thank
John Cornforth wrote:- "Wiring going rearwards to the tail lights and petrol tank is on the offside of the car, probably along the chassis rail."

On my RP saloon, the wiring loom runs along the inside of the offside body sill to the rear. The original cleats are still there and I used them when rewiring the rear of my car. I would imagine that this was done so that the wiring loom could be fitted to the body prior to the body being united with the chassis. I suspect that this would also have been the case on a Ruby.