The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic car loan scheme
Nice to see the late Dave Wilcoxs box saloon on the front of the September magazine, what's the scheme all about then? Nice to see it looking so well as I know he loved the rp saloon sure he would be proud
The CCLS is where a car is loaned to a young driver, preferably over the age of 25, for a period of 6 or 12 months. The borrower has responsibility for the vehicle in terms of running costs, insurance & maintenance, but will have technical back up in the case of a breakdown or breakage.
The Pre War Austin Seven Club is very aware that it needs to get more young people interested in older vehicles and following one of the Committee member's daughter, a very capable Rolls Royce aero engineer currently enjoying herself with a 3 wheel Morgan as part the scheme, it was decided that the Club purchase an Austin Seven for such a purpose.
A member, downsizing his collection, kindly offered us an RP saloon which is in excellent condition and very suitable, we feel, for a young driver new to Sevens.
The scheme is in its first year but we are hopeful that more organisations and individuals will become involved.
Googling the CCLS will bring up more information.

Chris Garner
Chairman - PWA7C Limited
Thanks Chris what a lovely idea I hope whoever ends up having it enjoys it and looks after it a well travelled car as completed the 92 jogle run lovely to see it again. Hope we can follow it's progress in the pwa7c magazine, Joe
I too think this is a lovely idea - I was lucky enough to be loaned an RN for 4 years whilst a student, it had a very positive affect on my outlook towards using them.