The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small world
I saw this Brooklands replica(?) at Newby Hall a few weeks ago in among the Austin7s. It struck me as the most interesting car in the Austin section as I'd never seen one before and thought it was just a special.
Today, someone I had met at a steam gathering called in with a Bentley wing needing a straightening after a minor prang. He had the wing in the pick-up and I wanted to see its brother, the car was just down the road in his shed 200 yards away come and see...

There under a cloth was the same Brooklands special.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Gordon England brooklands is a beautiful car.

IveĀ been wanting to build a replica for a long wile.

Tom Abernathy sent me pictures of the ash frames he used to make some 20 years ago or more. And the idea of it hasn't left me since.

There aren't many replicas out there, but in saying that if you want to build one on 6 inch, there are not many chassis etc to build them on.

Although if someone wants to take a short cut there is a Gordon England brooklands for sale on eBay at the moment. I beleive its the car that was running the VSCC hill climbs.

Tony.