The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WWRD
I am going to bin the St. Christopher medallion attached to the dashboard of my Tourer and replace it with a post-it note saying WWRD - which stands for What Would Ruairidh Do.

This powerful mantra is to be used instead of my usual prayer 'perhaps that rattle/stagger etc. will go away if I ignore it'
Perhaps both of those items would be a good idea. My special had a St. Christopher medallion in the steering wheel centre when I bought it in 1971. I've always said that I'm not superstitious, but that medallion is still there.... anyone else have one of these period accessories on their car?

[Image: 43629474654_e28c4844b7_c.jpg]
My Chuumy has an aged St Christopher held on to the dash by a really weak magnet. The 1927 penny has an even weaker magnet. Neither shows signs of wishing to escape. So they can stay. 

Roly

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1931 RN, 1933 APD
(29-08-2018, 01:13 PM)Barry Wrote: What Would Ruairidh Do.

I'd have gert big zider, listen to me 45s and fall asleep on the sofa.
Did anyone else spot the pic of Ruairidh on the last page of the latest Automobile magazine? He's on a 3 wheeler not an Austin but that beard is a dead giveaway Smile

Simon
I resemble that comment!!
(29-08-2018, 04:43 PM)Stuart Giles Wrote: Perhaps both of those items would be a good idea. My special had a St. Christopher medallion in the steering wheel centre when I bought it in 1971. I've always said that I'm not superstitious, but that medallion is still there.... anyone else have one of these period accessories on their car?

[Image: 43629474654_e28c4844b7_c.jpg]

Where did you get those mirror stems from Stuart?
Hi Barry, Couldn't find anything I liked, so I made the mirror stems from 3/8" mild steel round bar welded to 1/8" steel plate. I dressed the welds off and then had them chrome plated.

If I was doing them today, I'd probably make them from stainless steel to avoid the need for plating, Chroming seems to take forever these days (7 weeks to not be finished so far on the last batch I took in) and because of the environmental requirements for the nasty chemicals used it is expensive too.