The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chummy Hoodframe
I can never get my 29 Chummy hood to fold down tidily, looking at period photos they seem to go down with the frame Parts laying on top of one another.Mine has obviously benn damaged and poorly repaired/ straightened at some time as it is about 6" high when folded down.
I have spent a lot of time trying to improve it, if I get it to lie neatly when down there are problems with putting it up.

It is obvious the distance between rivet centres is critical 

Does anyone have a dimensioned drawing showing the distances between the rivets that hold it all together, in the alternative does anyone have a Hoodframe for sale at a reasonable price?
There is one for sale on the internet at £650 that seems rather a lot?
I assume you are referring to an AD Chummy, I recently had issues with an AE Chummy hood for similar reasons to those you describe, these do sit somewhat awkwardly even when straight. I also have an AD Chummy which is dismantled at present there is a fairly straight hood frame I can measure for you, could you please photograph the areas you are concerned about.
Black Art Enthusiast