The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pinion dual bearing nut tab lockwasher
1938/39 back axle
Hi all.  the left hand thread nut that holds the dual purpose bearing onto the pinion has a lock washer with an internal tab that sits in a groove in the thread of the pinion.  Would you but the tab facing backwards under the bearing or forwards under the nut?  The tab does not seem to want to go all the way in under the bearing (my initial thought of correct way round).  My thinking is that if tab is under nut it could get pulled round when undoing/tightening nut and jamb in nut thread and pinion thread.

Dennis
The two I have to hand are both fitted with the tang down in towards the bearings Dennis - that would seem correct to me.
Thanks Ruairidh, I did a trial tightening with tab under bearing and it did get pushed in ok.
It took me a while but I found this tonight Dennis:

(10-09-2017, 09:38 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: It took me a while but I found this tonight Dennis:
Thanks Ruairidh. Copy now in my files archive (though I don't really know how I did it  Confused 

Dennis