The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chummy wing beading?
I have studied the original photograph with a powerful magnifying glass and there is no corrosion above the wing piping. I think enlarging the image on a computer may give this effect  There is some shadow on parts of the wheel arch but it is due to the light. 
   Hope this is of help.
well that's good to know. Robert - is it possible to scan that at higher resolution than the 1600 pixel width for posterity too, as the image is obviously a very, very good one.
Interesting that the horn trumpet is in exactly the same place as Stuart Phillips RK currently on the for sale section. How do those work - did they replace a standard horn from new, or combine with the standard horn, or?
found this on the web at http://a7happytours.homestead.com/Pics-Misc/top_hat.jpg

Reckon it shows rear beading too?

Is it the same woman?!

Attached Files
.jpg   top_hat.jpg (Size: 34.78 KB / Downloads: 97)
Older woman and different car, but I agree that saloons probably did have wing beading, whereas I believe tourers of the same period did not.
Early appearance of Gandalf in that photograph, pre beard by the looks of it ?