The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
EGAN COACHWORKS, GEELONG
(17-08-2018, 01:16 AM)Jason Franzone Wrote: Bill.
Im in Perth until the end of the year, then moving permanently to the Grampians in Victoria. The car I own has been in WA since 1981 (at least), but will be coming back to Victoria with me.
Where in Oz are you?
Franz & Others.  Over 5 years ago moved from Mt.Eliza (Melbourne suburb) to Euroa 100 miles North East from Melb.  Am enjoying the country life including the fresh air (very fresh now as we're near the Strathbogie Ranges), hand-feeding magpies etc.  Think you'll enjoy the Grampians and seeing what our Melbourne Club has to offer.   Cheers,  Bill
Sounds lovely Bill. I understand the country life. We've bought a 50 acre property in the Grampians on the edge of the national park with 270 degree views of the Grampian mountains from our house. instead of your magpies, we have kangaroos at our door every morning waiting to be fed.

As soon as I move there permanently at the end of the year, I plan to join the Victorian club. I gather you are a member there? I also plan to annoy members with lots of questions as this is my first Austin (and pre war car) I have restored. A bit different to the other cars I have done in the past. Considering you have had 3 Egan bodies in the past, I may hassle you the most as you seem to a bit of a guru.

Cheers,
Jason
(18-08-2018, 02:26 AM)Jason Franzone Wrote: Sounds lovely Bill. I understand the country life. We've bought a 50 acre property in the Grampians on the edge of the national park with 270 degree views of the Grampian mountains from our house. instead of your magpies, we have kangaroos at our door every morning waiting to be fed.

As soon as I move there permanently at the end of the year, I plan to join the Victorian club. I gather you are a member there? I also plan to annoy members with lots of questions as this is my first Austin (and pre war car) I have restored. A bit different to the other cars I have done in the past. Considering you have had 3 Egan bodies in the past, I may hassle you the most as you seem to a bit of a guru.

Cheers,
Jason
Jason - I was made a Life Member of our Club in 1978, so if I can't help I'll know others who can.  Feel welcome to ask anytime. 
ausevenoz@gmail.com   or 0435 582 294.    Bill
(18-08-2018, 02:26 AM)Jason Franzone Wrote: Sounds lovely Bill. I understand the country life. We've bought a 50 acre property in the Grampians on the edge of the national park with 270 degree views of the Grampian mountains from our house. instead of your magpies, we have kangaroos at our door every morning waiting to be fed.

Cheers,
Jason

Hi Jason,

We corresponded via email early last year - pleased you got a car and look forward to catching up when you arrive in Victoria.

Cheers, Tony.
Thanks Bill and Tony. Can’t wait to join and get involved in club events when possible. I hope my other car is ok until the Austin is finished for such events. It’s not quite pre-war.

Tony- I can’t believe you remembered the email!

Hopefully there is also a good stash of spares over there as I have noticed there are some hard to get parts missing, such as the drivers side door latch.

Hope to post some photos of the car soon. It’s a bit of a mess, but nothing that can’t be solved with a bit of blood, sweat and (a lot of) tears!

I’ll have to post a photo of the Egan coach work plate in the gallery as I see only Holden has been represented from the Aussie contingent.

Cheers,
Jason
Hi Martin. Sorry to rehash an old thread but I am chasing the timber for the door frames. If you like, I can email you direct.

Cheers,
Jason
Hi Jason. Please email me at buildingsbespoke@btinternet.com If you can send me photos of your doors, that would be great.
Jason,

Don't forget our Graeme Logan for woodwork. Smile
Thanks Martin. Email sent.