The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eyes and Tees
Nothing to do with punctuation. Do any of our revered suppliers keep lifting eyes or Ts to thread into spark plug spaces for raising  of engines or just cylinder heads? If none are to be found, when I ask one of the local small engineering shops I'll see what a small batch might cost, unless an immediate reply tells me another way to do it.
Buy some expensive gadget to lift heads/engines, the wallet has just locked up solid. Just find a dead 14 or 18mm plug and remove the ceramic centre, I crunch the ceramic in a vice covered in an old cloth to avoid splinters. Knock out any remains so the plug is now hollow and push a coach bolt or similar through the threaded end of the plug, bend the top into a hook or T, job jobbed. The plug end being free to rotate is so useful too when extracting and fitting engines.. Plug hole 3 with gearbox, 2 just engine.
Peter.
Similar gadget but I used the S hook from a motor cycle tie down welded onto an old spark plug.
From http://www.austin7.org/Quick%20Tips/

Attached Files
.png   Lifting Eye.PNG (Size: 323.9 KB / Downloads: 163)
See my post in the thread, Necessity is the mother of invention. 29-7-18 if you do not have access to welding equipment.