The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Family camping holiday touring France in an Austin Seven Summer 2018...
Hi Ruairidh

Thanks for the touring shots. I have always found the tour photos of interested and adventurous travellers of far more interest than the sponsored commercial fare seen on TV. The minor roads seldom feature there. The old buildings of Europe always intrigue. Nothing here is old and everything is redeveloped so few will ever get to be. "Old" masonry buildings condemned as risks.

Views of the countryside seen at 45mph and much  less from the back seat of a Seven 65+ years ago are more firmly embedded than much from later in “moderns”.
When later driving the Seven with the abandon of youth, staying on the road required most available attention so did not observe so much... except up hills.

When my brother was 10 years old and the Seven 20 he did not like to be seen in it.  But my son as a teenager 10 years ago was more content to be seen in my 1960s car than in his mother’s modern. Driving the oldie especially impressed his colleagues. Be interesting to see how things develop with yours!

Surprised that a wheel bearing failed.  Very generously sized in the  Seven. Did the cage break up?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Family camping holiday touring France in an Austin Seven Summer 2018... - by Bob Culver - 07-09-2018, 09:09 AM