The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Family camping holiday touring France in an Austin Seven Summer 2018...
We woke early and packed up our things into the trailer, today we aimed to be with our Friends near Toulouse, the journey would be hot and flatten out quickly.

We passed through the very centre of Albi so that we could see the largest brick building in the world, the cathedral (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albi_Cathedral).  It is quite spectacular and we had been told the rest of the city is very pretty as well - my fear of parking the car and all our belongings anywhere near a city stopped me from visiting further however.

On our last tour in the Chummy my side rear view mirror was filled with the views behind us and our daughter looking out of the side the car - it was the same this year, daughter had grown a little however....

The countryside was changing from a meandering valley to large open fields of sunflowers, we picnicked (on a huge but delicious tomato) under the shade of a tree and a few hours later I was shaking the hand of my schoolfriend.

Our days in Launac were either spent in the market buying food or sitting at the enormous table eating it - a life I could happily have slipped in to - forever.

All good things must come to an end however and now, at the most southerly point of our journey with a long way still to go, we pointed north and headed for the Dordogne.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Family camping holiday touring France in an Austin Seven Summer 2018... - by Ruairidh Dunford - 22-08-2018, 07:57 AM