The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Family camping holiday touring France in an Austin Seven Summer 2018...
We were now 1000 miles into the journey and, whilst near a workshop, I took the opportunity to work on a few niggles with the steering - which was tightening up.  I reversed the cotters in the brake levers, removed the cable and removed some material from the end caps which all helped but it was not until I removed the driver's side track rod arm that it all freed off properly.  It had rotated in the stub axle causing the pin to bind on lock. Bruce helped me by holding the arm steady whilst I tightened - this solved the issue for the rest of the holiday.  I also swapped the front wheels over and reset the tracking, all this activity disturbed something in the stator tube and I then had remove the horn assembly to reattach a wire before the indicators worked properly!

Bruce's workshop had an air conditioner in it but even with that - I was absolutely sweltering in the heat, Bruce supplied cold drinks and told me it can get quite a bit warmer some days!

The nearest town (St Ambroix) was holding a medieval market so after lunch we headed up the road to see some of the extraordinary sights which we visited after lunch. Apparently Bruce is normally allergic to such events but braved it for us - thank you Bruce!

It was very warm and we soon returned to the house for a swim and a cool down - Bruce assumed his position at the barbecue and produced some excellent dinner!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Family camping holiday touring France in an Austin Seven Summer 2018... - by Ruairidh Dunford - 16-08-2018, 08:04 AM