The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Family camping holiday touring France in an Austin Seven Summer 2018...
Turning my attention to the front I made a map storage shelf...

and fitted a small basket to house our sun cream, bulbs and other small items we would need to hand...

Under the bonnet I fitted the spare fuel can I commissioned from Andrew Goodfellow,

and mounted a magnetic plate to hold any tools/nuts/bolts etc. that I might need when working on the car...

Peter Naulls made me a superb trunk that I covered and mounted on to the the rear of the car.  This had two internal compartments, one for our cool box and the other for our cooking equipment and dry food - this proved invaluable.

Finally I attached the lightweight trailer, packed in everything we planned to take and headed off to Loch Lomond for a test run/camp.  A test run is very important and helped us to ditch some gear, take more that we had forgotten and set up the car to run fully loaded (this included pumping the tyres up to 38psi to get it to run straight) - we weighed in at just under a tonne.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Family camping holiday touring France in an Austin Seven Summer 2018... - by Ruairidh Dunford - 08-08-2018, 09:10 AM