The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust Whistles
Has anyone ever fitted an exhaust whistle to an Austin 7?.

I have one here. Just trying to get my head round if it were better fitted before or after the silencer.
After the silencer basically at the end of the pipe. There's a 1912 Model T in town with a whistle fitted. It's hinged and sprung. A wire runs through to the base of the seat which terminates in a finger sized circle. When pulled it pulls the whistle on its hinge in line with the end of the pipe and it 'whistles'.

Aye
Greig
Chris Cooper{ YATLEY, SURREY} has several attached to his cars and they are all fitted to the tail pipe
I have never heard of these before. I assume they are audible warning devices
as are steam whistles on steam vehicles.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Taking the exhaust whistle to another level, this 1914 Case has a multitude and a Keyboard! LINK

Take off appears to be from the exhaust manifold, so I guess just preference as to where they are placed.
Ive been studying where to fit it today. After the silencer looks a paint in the arse. However it would be a doddle to fit it in front of the front crossmember before the pipe goes through the hole. I shall have to have a think
[Image: 008_1670.jpg]
That is a fiendish looking device.   I like it.

Can it do smoke rings as well?

Coloured ones?

Smile 

Simon