The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Dates for your diaries

North Shropshire Scatter Rally, Saturday 25th August
Humber Register as part of the Inter-Reg season. Based at  the Millennium Hall, Cockshutt, near Oswestry. Two classes;  Experts and Novices. Open to entrants who are members of any of the Inter-Register clubs, naturally including PWA7C, Austin Ten Owners Club and VSCC.
Full details and entry forms from Nigel Coulter; coulters.email@btinternet.com

VSCC Welsh Scatter Rally, Saturday 13th October
Based at the Scout Hut, Presteigne. Three classes, Championship, for cars with VSCC buff forms, Clubmans, for pre-1941 cars without buff forms but wanting the full navigational challenge, and Champagne, for crews of  pre-1941 cars preferring an easier roadbook.
Full details and entry forms in due course from the Old Post Office, Chipping Norton.
Whilst  of course I cannot reveal any details of this event, I can tell potential competitors that recceing is being done with a Ruby. No clue points will be on a double chevron, or a narrow unfenced road beside a deep reservoir.
(04-08-2018, 07:47 AM)Steve kay Wrote:  
North Shropshire Scatter Rally, Saturday 25th August
Humber Register as part of the Inter-Reg season. Based at  the Millennium Hall, Cockshutt, near Oswestry. Two classes;  Experts and Novices. Open to entrants who are members of any of the Inter-Register clubs, naturally including PWA7C, Austin Ten Owners Club and VSCC.
Full details and entry forms from Nigel Coulter; coulters.email@btinternet.com

VSCC Welsh Scatter Rally, Saturday 13th October
Based at the Scout Hut, Presteigne. Three classes, Championship, for cars with VSCC buff forms, Clubmans, for pre-1941 cars without buff forms but wanting the full navigational challenge, and Champagne, for crews of  pre-1941 cars preferring an easier roadbook.
Full details and entry forms in due course from the Old Post Office, Chipping Norton.
Whilst  of course I cannot reveal any details of this event, I can tell potential competitors that recceing is being done with a Ruby. No clue points will be on a double chevron, or a narrow unfenced road beside a deep reservoir.

Hi could you post this in the events section please -
We will give it a couple of days and then delete from here
Of course, if that's the correct thing to do I will move it to the right place.
Hello Jason, good to hear from you. I had somewhat given up on the events forum, as it seems a lot of people read the main forum only, and would prefer to talk about events in there. Threads in the main forum on events seem to be getting more views and responses. Although I think it is good to have the events in one place and linked in the calendar, I have to concede that if everyone isn't seeing them, it somewhat defeats the point.
More opinions are of course very welcome, the forum exists for all users, so do say if you have thoughts one way or t'other.
An actually not very computer literate contributor writes, what and where exactly is a separate events forum, and how does one move anything there?
Steve, I think you may have demonstrated my point quite well about the events forum not working as intended. If you can't find it to post the events, then how can we expect everyone else to find it once it's posted there?
I suppose I could think of it another way that, it may be beneficial to do a monthly, 'coming up' thread with link to the calendar and a 'events last month' with links to threads in the events forum that have photos etc, but it may just be easier for everyone to post them in the main forum.
I'd hold off moving them for the moment, till we get more opinions and work out the best way forward.
For what it's worth if you click the banner at the top of the page to get to the forum overview, the events forum is just below 'Forum chat' titled 'Events'.
(05-08-2018, 01:00 PM)Timothy P Wrote: Steve, I think you may have demonstrated my point quite well about the events forum not working as intended. If you can't find it to post the events, then how can we expect everyone else to find it once it's posted there?
I suppose I could think of it another way that, it may be beneficial to do a monthly, 'coming up' thread with link to the calendar and a 'events last month' with links to threads in the events forum that have photos etc, but it may just be easier for everyone to post them in the main forum.
I'd hold off moving them for the moment, till we get more opinions and work out the best way forward.
For what it's worth if you click the banner at the top of the page to get to the forum overview, the events forum is just below 'Forum chat' titled 'Events'.
Hi Timothy.  It may just be me but I forget to look at the events page also the sale and wants.  But had a look at the events page and looks like I have missed some events.  The photos from Gurston look good, say hello next time Smile
Thank you Douglas, that confirms my suspicions that they would get seen more in the main forum. Glad you liked the photos of Gurston, will make sure to say hello in future.