The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chummy questions - front seats. Rear number plate hoop
(30-07-2018, 09:52 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: The bracket on our RK has to be removed slightly, like Jim’s, I personally find it a total pain and would alter if doing again.

Now that I've got a correct size clevis pin and 'R' clip I find it no problem. I keep it well greased though. Split pin was a pain.
Jim
Sounds good Jim.
Ok. Thanks, particularly to Chris, that is exactly what I wanted to know with respect to the hoop. But I think Im with those who suggests a smidge more clearance to allow the spare to be removed without dissasembly is probably better.

I have also been studying seats. I certainly dont have the swingy slider, nor frankly anywhere to mount it on the drivers side. But I do have 3 of the 4 pieces last used to mount the passenger seat. Which certainly did hinge. And should be fairly easy to mount without drilling any extra holes anywhere ( i do not plan drilling any holes in the floor unless I have no other options).   

That said, I am now certain the seats last fitted to the car are late box or Ruby seats (minus the sliders). So some sort of making the drivers seat 'have it' is going to be neccasary. The simplest soloution may well be to make it fixed and I can sort position based on that of my shown wheelbase saloon. We shall see. Whilst it may not be obvious to other readers, it has been a lot of help.
(30-07-2018, 07:01 PM)Hedd Jones Wrote: Ok. Thanks, particularly to Chris, that is exactly what I wanted to know with respect to the hoop. But I think Im with those who suggests a smidge more clearance to allow the spare to be removed without dissasembly is probably better.

I have also been studying seats. I certainly dont have the swingy slider, nor frankly anywhere to mount it on the drivers side. But I do have 3 of the 4 pieces last used to mount the passenger seat. Which certainly did hinge. And should be fairly easy to mount without drilling any extra holes anywhere ( i do not plan drilling any holes in the floor unless I have no other options).   

That said, I am now certain the seats last fitted to the car are late box or Ruby seats (minus the sliders). So some sort of making the drivers seat 'have it' is going to be neccasary. The simplest soloution may well be to make it fixed and I can sort position based on that of my shown wheelbase saloon. We shall see. Whilst it may not be obvious to other readers, it has been a lot of help.

Hedd the hoop from my car can move in or out on the brackets, see 2nd photo, it is about 1 1/2 inches in from the end of the brackets. Presumably this allows for movement if required.

John
John. Yes I see.

I have to be honest in that I am simply reassembling a car that has been in pieces since before father purchased it in the late 1990's. The body has had many repairs. None of which are particularly good, but they seem solid. 

I am trying to assemble the car so I can have a bit of fun with if. But The car is in a 'que' foor some TLC with a bodymaker. Im aiming to do nothing to what I have that will need to be undone. I do not quite have all the car, but I have a considerable spares resource which is of great help. On this note I have a hoop formally off my saloon, which with a bit of angle bolted on the side is the perfect dimention to pick up the holes existing in the floor for what I assume are brackets that support the rear of the rear seat squab? So I intend to use these. The rear part of the floor, say the rear 8 inches has been replaced in the past and the proper brackets and their holes are gone. This may not be original, but if and when the bodymaker is ready for the car Ive not buggered anything up. So it meets my aims.