The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chummy throttle shaft
I'm just throwing a chummy together at present (an AE to be precise).

The throttle shaft I have appears to be too long. I'm happy with the layout at the pedal end, but the carb end seems to stick further out than necessary for it all to lign up.

Given I found a disintegrated Mazak carb in the box of bits I assume the car ran latterly with a sidedraft so the shaft may have been modified.

This is where I am. Can anyone please furnish me with a similar photo with the correct bits in the correct places? 

It looks like all I need to do is undo the collar on the pedal end. Push the shaft further to the offside of the car. Redrill the collar in the revised position, saw off the end, and file for the pedal bolt at the correct angle of dangle. But a photo to confirm would be good!.

Many thanks in advance.

[Image: 008_1654.jpg]

(18-07-2018, 10:32 AM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: I'm just throwing a chummy together at present (an AE to be precise).

The throttle shaft I have appears to be too long. I'm happy with the layout at the pedal end, but the carb end seems to stick further out than necessary for it all to lign up.

Given I found a disintegrated Mazak carb in the box of bits I assume the car ran latterly with a sidedraft so the shaft may have been modified.

This is where I am. Can anyone please furnish me with a similar photo with the correct bits in the correct places? 

It looks like all I need to do is undo the collar on the pedal end. Push the shaft further to the offside of the car. Redrill the collar in the revised position, saw off the end, and file for the pedal bolt at the correct angle of dangle. But a photo to confirm would be good!.

Many thanks in advance.

[Image: 008_1654.jpg]

Moving the collar should be OK.
The shaft at the carburetor end is shaped to bring it below the throttle spindle.
The return spring looks different too.

Jim
Hedd,
The throttle shaft you have is from a Ruby.
I have found a shorter shaft with a more angled carb end. The stop still isnt in the right place.

Ok option 2. I assume the extra bell crank is for the mag advance and retard. 

Im hopimg if i move the stop and get rid oglf the extra bell crank and it job done. 

Is there any reason for the kink in the pedal?

[Image: 008_1655.jpg]
[Image: 008_1656.jpg]
(18-07-2018, 07:06 PM)Hedd Jones Wrote: I have found a shorter shaft with a more angled carb end. The stop still isnt in the right place.

Ok option 2. I assume the extra bell crank is for the mag advance and retard. 

Im hopimg if i move the stop and get rid oglf the extra bell crank and it job done. 

Is there any reason for the kink in the pedal?

[Image: 008_1655.jpg]
[Image: 008_1656.jpg]

Hi Hedd.  Some time ago I measured up the different shafts.  If you email me direct on ausevenoz@gmail.com   (That may be a change from when we exchanged messages some years ago) I can email you more figures to confuse you further!  Cheers,  Bill
Thanks to Jim, Tony, Bill and Adam Brown for assistance all sorted now.

The shorter shaft did the job, but I did have to put the pedal off the ruby shaft on as the oddly shaped throttle pedal put everything out. 

A question. The throttle shaft I used may have came out of the same skip as the Gordon England Cup I had. Did they have custom bent throttle pedals?

Anyway, the soloution 

[Image: 008_1657.jpg]

[Image: 008_1658.jpg]

I used the spacer as the replacement stop meaning I can restore the shaft for use on a mag car easily ahould I find a coil one at a later date