The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby throttle hesitation.
I would discuss the issues you are having with him, he will be able to sort it out for sure.
In my experience, whilst the slow running needle screw makes relatively little difference to tickover, it does have a marked effect on whether or not the engine picks up cleanly when the throttle is opened. I would warm the engine then with it still running turn the screw right down. It may stall. Back it off a quarter turn restart and test throttle response. If it doesn't pick up cleanly unscrew the needle another quarter turn and try again. The optimum position is almost always within about a half and one and a half turns.
...well. I appear to have located the issue. Emulsion block. I have lapped the block to the body and made my own gasket and the issue has disappeared and the idle screw now alters the engine note. It would appear that despite being gnarled the progression jet still functions.

Thanks for everyones help. I hope my solution may assist someone else in the future.

Cheers

Dave
Good news Dave.
It begs the question as to getting a professional overhaul,or doing it yourself is most effective. At least with the latter one can carry out performance testing.
Very pleased that you have solved your problem. Happy motoring. I have made a mental note of the problems you had and the cures should I have similar in the future. You have made a better job yourself than the professional you originally sent it to.

John Mason
(26-07-2018, 04:34 PM)John Mason Wrote: You have made a better job yourself than the professional you originally sent it to.

John Mason

I have no issues with the work carried out to to be honest.

It was just a tad confusing locating the issue.

It was an article on the Dorset Austin Seven Club website that provided me with inspiration.

See here-  http://www.da7c.co.uk/technical_torque_a...ettor.html 

I had previously ensured fuel bowl to body was a perfect fit with filing and lapping but no change. It was the lapping of the emulsion block as suggested in this article that gave an instantaneous result.