The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lubrication
Usually non synthetic 20/50 from the local motor factor, but I spotted this on the shelves at Waitrose. Any use perhaps?

Damned computer has tipped the bottle onto its side. Will have to be very careful when opening it!
Careful, this might dislodge the sludge in the system
Have a nice cool drink whilst doing an oil change on the seven ?
I was taught to have a can of beer next to me when working in the garage so that you can shake it and use as emergency fire extinguisher . What you did with it at the end of the day was up to you.
Not very “elf &safety” I’m afraid.
Ian
(15-07-2018, 03:00 PM)Viteran Wrote: I was taught to have a can of beer next to me when working in the garage so that you can shake it and use as emergency fire extinguisher . What you did with it at the end of the day was up to you.
Not very “elf &safety” I’m afraid.
Ian

Were you in a racing workshop, and the beer can was more use than a conventional extinguisher for putting out the dreaded, invisible, ethanol fire?
Just the stuff to lubricate the throat.

John Mason
Sorry no engineering background ( although my son is a mechanical engineer and tends to pat me on the head and say “there there” )
My experience is more equine and canine racing !
Ian