The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Lidl compressor
Available from today, 1.8kW 10 bar 50L capacity air compressor with low noise motor for £119. Includes 10m hose 3m flex and pressure gauges. Delivery rate 260l/min. Might be worth a try at that price. I have no connection with Lidl by the way, just idly browsing.
Cheers,
Dave.
(15-07-2018, 08:22 AM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Available from today, 1.8kW 10 bar 50L capacity air compressor with low noise motor for £119. Includes 10m hose 3m flex and pressure gauges. Delivery rate 260l/min. Might be worth a try at that price. I have no connection with Lidl by the way, just idly browsing.
Cheers,
Dave.

Hi Dave
can't see listed on their website, is there a link?
cheers
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
If anyone is after a quiet compressor, I can recommend these from either Amazon or E-bay. I bought the larger, 24l capacity version.   Silent Compressor

I am doing some work at present which needs a pretty constant supply of compressed air and my old one, a conventional compressor, made a right din. This device is not silent, but you can hold a conversation at normal levels and not have to raise your voice or struggle to hear when it fires up. I can happily run it at night with no concerns about upsetting the neighbours.

Jamie.
Andy, now disappeared from non food offers! How unreliable!
Just opened another lidl window on ipad and no longer there.
Sorry,
Dave.
(15-07-2018, 10:32 AM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Andy, now disappeared from non food offers! How unreliable!
Just opened another lidl window on ipad and no longer there.
Sorry,
Dave.

I have purchased several Lidl DIY items over the years and generally speaking they work very well, are reliable, and are of course at a good price.

The items I no longer buy from them are those operated by a rechargeable battery as once they fail I am unable to obtain a replacement from them or the manufacturer saying that a new design has been introduced. The new style battery operated item is then offered in store and the cycle starts all over again ! That's what I have found anyway.
Thanks Dave
I popped along for a look. I wasn't after a compressor as I bought one of these a while back when on a special offer as i needed a strong air supply to run a plasma cutter. https://www.drapertools.com/product/8171...or-(2-2kW)
not the cheapest but it is small and has proved up to the plasma cutter demands without running down.
I was after some of their extras for the occassional use and bought a sand blast attachment for £9.99. As you say, generally good value.

Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
If you can obtain one, it's a really good deal. I've had mine for 3 years, and it's a tool I can thoroughly recommend. Once I'd replaced the DIN airline fittings supplied, with British industry standard PCL outlets The compressor has proved to be most versatile for paint soraying, bead blasting and other air tools. I wouldn't describe it as being particularly low noise though.
Lidl's bargains  often  sell out very quickly and I had to search 3 stores in Cornwall before I could obtain one. Glad I persevered though.
Good Hunting! Smile