The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mk1 Ruby measurement urgently needed!
Help!

We're building a van body onto a Mk1 Ruby floor pan and front end.  Before I upset the purists, we haven't chopped the car; this is a re-working of an older heavy and hideous conversion. 

I have to make substantially new rear wheel arches for it and before I can finalise these, I need to make sure that the rear wings are correctly positioned.  These need to line up with the running boards, which date from the earlier rebuild and which I plan to re-use.

I'm concerned that the back end of these running boards is wider than it should be.

Could some kind Mk1 Ruby owner please confirm the width of the boards at the B-post (as photo)?

Many thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What type of running board covers do you have Martin, this is crucial to know for both front and rear measurements in this area?
(17-07-2018, 02:31 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: What type of running board covers do you have Martin, this is crucial to know for both front and rear measurements in this area?

None as yet, Ruairidh.
If you fit new ones from the Seven Workshop the have the outer curved section as as a lump that requires a narrower running board from original.

This is what I have on my car. Front width is: 8 1/2” from sill to outer edge of the running board. Rear width is 3”.

The key to these type of covers is to make sure the running board sits in from the front and rear wing line about 3/4”.
Does this help explain the moulding and the need to come in?

I can phone you if not clear.

(17-07-2018, 03:04 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Does this help explain the moulding and the need to come in?

I can phone you if not clear.

Thanks, Ruairidh.  That's very helpful.  Tape measure time, I think!
Good luck with your project! I bet is going to look awesome in the end!
Martin - if you can, buy the covers first and then adjust the boards to suit, that is how I have always done it.