The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Meteor Project
Good afternoon.

Does anyone know whether the Meteor project in the attached link was ever completed?

http://www.austinsevenfriends.com/Bruce_...0Page.html

Kind regards,

James.
(07-07-2018, 02:51 PM)Jamie Wrote: Good afternoon.

Does anyone know whether the Meteor project in the attached link was ever completed?

Kind regards,

James.

Don't know about that one but a few other reproduction Meteors have been built here in Melbourne.

There are some nice original Flood Meteors in the Austin 7 Club as well.

Cheers, Tony.
(07-07-2018, 11:30 PM)Tony Press Wrote:
(07-07-2018, 02:51 PM)Jamie Wrote: Good afternoon.

Kind regards,

James.

Don't know about that one but a few other reproduction Meteors have been built here in Melbourne.

There are some nice original Flood Meteors in the Austin 7 Club as well.

Cheers, Tony.
Thank you. I was curious as he talked about a plan to match a Reliant engine to an Austin gearbox and I am interested to know how he got on.
Hi,
I am a new member located in Melbourne, Australia, and spotted this post. I have actually just purchased a Meteor project that pretty much matches the work that the original poster say's was done, and which has passed through the hands of a number of would be restorers. The body/chassis unit is as detailed and has been done in a professional manner. The engine requires assembling and is indeed an early S/V Reliant. The Austin 7 gearbox is installed in the chassis and comes with a specially made spacer to fit it to the reliant engine. At this stage I am in the process of planning the finish of the restore and am undecided about whether to keep the A7 gearbox or use a Reliant box (I have a number of them that came with the the car). I do have the buck that was made to produce the casting for the gearbox adapter and a second finished adapter that is shorter than the one I have in the car currently. If I decide to go the Reliant gearbox route then the adapters will be available.
(08-07-2018, 09:11 AM)racetek Wrote: Hi,
I am a new member located in Melbourne, Australia, and spotted this post. I have actually just purchased a Meteor project that pretty much matches the work that the original poster say's was done, and which has passed through the hands of a number of would be restorers. The body/chassis unit is as detailed and has been done in a professional manner. The engine requires assembling and is indeed an early S/V Reliant. The Austin 7 gearbox is installed in the chassis and comes with a specially made spacer to fit it to the reliant engine. At this stage I am in the process of planning the finish of the restore and am undecided about whether to keep the A7 gearbox or use a Reliant box (I have a number of them that came with the the car). I do have the buck that was made to produce the casting for the gearbox adapter and a second finished adapter that is shorter than the one I have in the car currently. If I decide to go the Reliant gearbox route then the adapters will be available.

Racetek,

Thank you for the update and explanation of how the box and engine were going to be joined. Good luck with finishing the project.

James.