The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Coupe
The Body is Quite Safe,I Saw it yesterday. It will be reunited with a chassis eventually. Smile
Cheers Steve Hainsworth.
a chassis... rather than THE chassis?!
I think I can safely speak for a few people who know about this car, we would all dearly love to see it put back together, it should never have been broken up. However a little ignorance on behalf of a former owner and then the dealers getting involved, so with UK prices so elevated, the chassis and Body now so far apart sadly it would appear unlikely that they will be reunited...... I wonder how long until it is an Ulster! Stop it Ian you are such a cynic. Smile
Black Art Enthusiast
Jenny and Dennis McIlroy have a rather splendid ‘31 fabric saloon in totally unrestored condition in Oz.

I believe that it is for sale, if someone is keen to restore such a car.
The body looks RK to me. 1928 to mid 1930.
Jim
(02-07-2018, 08:43 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Jenny and Dennis McIlroy have a rather splendid ‘31 fabric saloon in totally unrestored condition in Oz.

I believe that it is for sale, if someone is keen to restore such a car.

R - what sort of condition is it in in comparison to the Spanish RF car currently being 'conserved' as found? 

For some of the few original fabric cars where the rexine can be preserved, I can foresee museum conditions beckoning, or some sort of waterproof running cover (akin to how they dressed up horses for jousts) for use when it rains if they are out on rally duties/club runs.
It is fairly complete from memory Jon - I have only ever seen photos.

Bill et. al. will know for sure.