The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BILL SHEEHAN'S NEWS AND VIEWS
(03-07-2018, 08:56 AM)Bob Culver Wrote: I glanced thru the technical info which the reference produced, although I recall seeing it before somewhere. 
One detail; Lester Reeder (now deceased) had his workshop with the Rubber Duck a few doors from where I stayed. He was probably  less than 10 years older so his special heads would have been produced in the 1950s, perhaps early 60s. Were intended for conventional engines. It is no coincidence but one of his special building colleagues was a pattern maker. They had all run modified road Sevens but in the early 60s had progressed beyond.
Not sure how relevant Bob's posting is, but Dave - that was your email address that was rejected.  Will go back to the original and try again.   Cheers, Bill
Bill, check your spelling - wortley not worthy!  Big Grin
(04-07-2018, 08:18 AM)Mike Costigan Wrote: Bill, check your spelling - wortley not worthy!  Big Grin
Thanks Mike.  Realised my mistake, (couldn't read my own scribble correctly!).Thanks to all who've helped, have contacted Tony G and Dave W with satisfactory results.  Dave says Roger has sold his two Sevens, gone gliding.  Hope someone catches up with him eventually.   Cheers,  Bill
Bill,
Steve Jones who posts on here bought Roger North's chummy who I think sold it on to Ian Mc Gowan(sory about spelling
Ian) who also posts on here. An off chance they may know Roger's whereabouts.
(05-07-2018, 10:51 AM)Dave Wortley Wrote: Bill,
Steve Jones who posts on here bought Roger North's chummy who I think sold it on to Ian Mc Gowan(sory about spelling
Thanks Dave.  Will search out Ian.  Funnily enough, I thought only recently I hadn't seen much from him lately on the Friends site.  I need to contact Roger for the same reason I annoyed you -  Thanks again for your help.   Cheers,  Bill
(06-07-2018, 01:34 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote:
Thanks Dave.  Will search out Ian.  Funnily enough, I thought only recently I hadn't seen much from him lately on the Friends site.  I need to contact Roger for the same reason I annoyed you -  Thanks again for your help.   Cheers,  Bill

With computers, everything bad seems to happen to me.  In ther past I've corresponded via email with two Owners in UK - one about a Ruby Battery/Tool box, the other about  Seven exhaust pipes - and  I can't find reference to either.  So, if by any chance they read this, would they kindly contact me again please?  Cheers,  Bill in Oz
(02-08-2018, 12:45 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote:

With computers, everything bad seems to happen to me.  In ther past I've corresponded via email with two Owners in UK - one about a Ruby Battery/Tool box, the other about  Seven exhaust pipes - and  I can't find reference to either.  So, if by any chance they read this, would they kindly contact me again please?  Cheers,  Bill in Oz
A request to Reliant engine owners.  A Western Australia Austin 7 friend (who also owns a LWB special with Reliant engine which I've driven and it goes very well)  has contacted me for info about Reliants.  Mostly he wants to know if there is any reference to Reliant Engine numbers that can assist him.  Can anyone help please?  Cheers,  Bill
ausevenoz@gmail.com
(16-08-2018, 12:53 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 12:45 AM)Bill Sheehan Wrote:

A request to Reliant engine owners.  A Western Australia Austin 7 friend (who also owns a LWB special with Reliant engine which I've driven and it goes very well)  has contacted me for info about Reliants.  Mostly he wants to know if there is any reference to Reliant Engine numbers that can assist him.  Can anyone help please?  Cheers,  Bill
ausevenoz@gmail.com
Sadly no help, so far on Reliants.  Does anyone know a Seven fan who also has a Reliant?   Cheers,  Bill
Bill,

this chap runs a business selling Reliant parts - http://www.reliantspares.com
Bill,
I have a mid 50's sidevalve reliant as well as a seven.

The Raleigh Safety Seven and early Reliant Owners Club would be the best place for information regarding engine numbering.