The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mounting the supercharger.
I'm modifying a magneto crankcase to take a Cozette supercharger and am interested in how people mount the supercharger brackets. 
  Obviously drilling and tapping the crankcase to take the bolts, but any stiffening ?
I too am doing the same and propose to bring the external bracket down to the large crankcase flange. Any ideas folk have would be very welcome, regards  Russell
I have simply drilled through and mounted button head socket screws from the inside. Because I wanted decent quality items I ended up using M8 Holo-Krome fasteners because I couldn't get any 5/16 BSF ones from Unbrako or Holo-Krome.
No extra strengthening

Charles
Thanks Charles, any chance of some measurements for the crankcase holes, say from the top face down and from the front face back? Just for some guidance. Sorry Robert  if this is hijacking your post,   regards  Russell
My noIt depends on your mounting brackets,are they as original,Do you want to mount the s/c to line up the manifolds.
Bolt pattern on the original is 7"x2" but you would be better to use a straight bar though all the bearing bores to get the alignment right.
I used normal pan head screws,back facing the inside of the crank case,the top holes have a big radius to the top face of the c/c.
Adding a brace to the base flange is a good idea.
Robert,My no this week is 07446 707108 ,Dave
Follow the advice above.
Font/back position needs to be determined with the coupling assembly in place. My car has a non original drive (duplex chain coupling) so I wouldn't use my measurements as a guide. The important thing is to ensure that internal fixings don't get in the way of the big ends or camshaft.

Charles