The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let out of my box at last!
I didn't make notes! I'm already looking through trying to find where I read the U.S. souce of two Nippies from some rich dynasty-type family... which I didn't note previously. (So will try and find it, but its in the classifieds and must be mid late 1970s)
(24-06-2018, 09:03 AM)JonE Wrote: I didn't make notes! I'm already looking through trying to find where I read the U.S. souce of two Nippies from some rich dynasty-type family... which I didn't note previously. (So will try and find it, but its in the classifieds and must be mid late 1970s)

Ah don't worry then Jon, thought perhaps I was last to receive my A7CA mag again!
The Keith Thomas car was a 1929 BC with registration number XV 9940. The car was subsequently sold overseas (Switzerland) and I understand has since been sold on to a Russian collector for an undisclosed offer that couldn't be refused.

The only other BC which I know had an LAP head fitted was GH 1908 which was raced in the 60's at VSCC events and was seen at Beaulieu when owned by Mike Eyre possibly in the 70's. Not sure where this one ended up. The rumour was it went overseas as well but if anybody knows different I'd love to hear.
(24-06-2018, 09:34 AM)Scarlet O\Hara Wrote: The Keith Thomas car was a 1929  BC with registration number XV 9940. The car was subsequently sold overseas (Switzerland) and I understand has since been sold on to a Russian collector for an undisclosed offer that couldn't be refused.

The only other BC which I know had an LAP head fitted was GH 1908 which was raced in the 60's at VSCC events and was seen at Beaulieu when owned by Mike Eyre possibly in the 70's. Not sure where this one ended up. The rumour was it went overseas as well but if anybody knows different I'd love to hear.
Scarlet - I trust you're aware of your name being open to Spoonerism.  What a great car and any history of a Seven is interesting.  Brings back memories of the  BC in Scotland when Bob Flockhart had his, although I have to admit that probably the best Seven I've ever driven was his Type 65.  Hope your car doesn't stay in a box too long - it should be out and about to give others enjoyment as well as yourself.   Cheers,  Bill in Oz
I think you may have blown Scarlet’s cover Bill, she (he) has both the cars you mention...
(28-06-2018, 01:32 AM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I think you may have blown Scarlet’s cover Bill, she (he) has both the cars you mention...

I suspect Scarlet O'Hara is the Boyd Carpenters nom de plume Smile Smile
Rather like the idea of a nom de plume but these 19 inch wheels make typing really tricky however my mechanic man has asked me to post the following.
He  isn’t really surprised that the BC has been recognized as the Bob Flockhart car and yes I do indeed share my tin box with Bob’s other cars, the primrose yellow Type 65 which he started restoring in 1968 and the Wragg single seater he bought in 1973.
The BC was in use from 1992 until 1999 when Bob, by then 76 years young, found it impossible to get up and over the cockpit side without avoiding injury. It was therefore pushed to the far end of the garage while he continued to drive the Type 65 and Gisele’s RN Saloon until about 2010.
After resting for 18 years the BC is going to be back on the road at the Scottish Austin Seven Club rally at Guildtown at the end of July.
 The Type 65 is very tired after 40 years of hard use and needs a bit of TLC. He does however have no intention of doing a full restoration as he doesn’t think Bob would approve of it becoming just another “showroom exhibit” and it would destroy so much of the cars character. Instead a limited programme of sympathetic maintenance is planned to stop the engine oil leaks, sort out the dragging clutch, replace the burnt out wiring and take some (but not all) of the play out of the steering. Hopefully it won’t be too long before that third gear in the crash box is singing again.