The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another curious Seven for sale
So this hopefully might shed some light on the origins of the other 'Spanish' car?

Colin
We really need to know what sort of treatment other cars in the Austin Ledgers get. i.e. how broad is the interpretation of 'export saloon'? What else got listed with SFO?

Has anyone been party to being able to look through the ledgers and have an idea for the language used? Taking evidence alone, one can discount this being a fabric which has been rebodied ( i.e. the colour battleship grey is listed, so presumably was not fabric). I have asked what the roof material is. The door top arrangement just looks odd, but is that because there is now no drip rail?

David - why don't you start a separate thread for yours? I'm really interested to hear progress but it just confuses matters stuck in 'ere?
(23-06-2018, 07:26 AM)JonE Wrote: We really need to know what sort of treatment other cars in the Austin Ledgers get. i.e. how broad is the interpretation of 'export saloon'? What else got listed with SFO?

Has anyone been party to being able to look through the ledgers and have an idea for the language used? Taking evidence alone, one can discount this being a fabric which has been rebodied ( i.e. the colour battleship grey is listed, so presumably was not fabric). I have asked what the roof material is. The door top arrangement just looks odd, but is that because there is now no drip rail?

David - why don't you start a separate thread for yours? I'm really interested to hear progress but it just confuses matters stuck in 'ere?

I will do that. Up to now I have been in & out of subjects as things cropped up.
Not just now...off to Germany in the ZA Magnette to the "Magnette International" in the Sauerland (Dam Buster country...."don't mention the war!".
I was stationed in a previous existence not far from where we are going, so it will be an interesting experience.
I wonder if Martin Jaggers is aware of this thread and the existence of the other car, given the light it could shed on his own? When I spoke to him years ago he was in Maidstone - anyone in contact with him now, please?

Colin
(24-06-2018, 10:43 AM)Colin Morgan Wrote: I wonder if Martin Jaggers is aware of this thread and the existence of the other car, given the light it could shed on his own?  When I spoke to him years ago he was in Maidstone - anyone in contact with him now, please?

Colin

There's a Martin C. Jaggers listed on 192.com living in Maidstone with wife Ann B. and presumably son Nicholas C. - could this be him?
I understand the white car is now sold or awaiting deposit, and coming back to UK. Anyone on here?
(24-06-2018, 01:55 PM)JonE Wrote: I understand the white car is now sold or awaiting deposit, and coming back to UK. Anyone on here?

Indeed it is coming back here .
A friend has bought the car and his parents (Vscc stalwarts) intend to use the car for events and carrying the grandchildren around .
Interestingly it comes from the same Spanish seller as the low roof coupe that was sold to the U.K. a couple of years ago.
(22-06-2018, 11:20 PM)Colin Morgan Wrote: So this hopefully might shed some light on the origins of the other 'Spanish' car?

Colin

What, our one?!

That looks to be a proper factory B Coupe, to me.

Does it exhibit differences in design?
I agree; that is, indeed, a proper B-type coupe, and not the 'other Spanish coupe' referred to earlier in this thread. That was the ex Martin Jaggers car which appeared to have a B-type scuttle and floor pan, but extended by about 6" at the rear to normal saloon dimensions.

So, Colin, tell us more about your car! Is it alloy-bodied, or steel? It would be fascinating if the latter, as that would then appear to indicate that Spanish cars, for some reason, may have all been steel-bodied, and might also explain the 'XP Saloon' designation in the factory records  - indicating a steel version of an otherwise standard body design?