The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green Pea Special
(22-06-2018, 08:01 AM)Chris KC Wrote: Is it just me who finds this a little hard to understand?

As I said- or nearly an Austin Seven racing car !

Sorry I forgot the earlier postings - call it old timers !!

Cheers, Tony.
Some of the CNC milled suspension and brake parts look a bit modern and I would have preferred to see it as an Austin rather than a sort of mini ERA replica.
That said it is a beautiful piece of engineering.
I must admit I am with Chris on this one. No disrespect to the builder, but at its heart its an Austin 7... £100,000 spent? If you had the skills to craft something like this all well and good... but to pay for it..? and what is its purpose? A piece of art? A bit of fun? Is it rocket fast or just an overweight parody? 

I only hope someone didn't sacrifice a good saloon to build it! Wink
The car was out at Wiscombe park last weekend.

Its ended up with a (very) young lady I think from Belgium. It was her first event and she JUST pipped her mum in the final run, her mum in a single seater Lagonda Rapier. She'd not graduated from karting, "been four times in perhaps ten years", so a most respectable time. They were having fun, dad and husband less so but I imagine he's a few toys of his own for other weekends.

Car looked lovely "out in the wild", behaved itself, sounded lovely, looked good braking and round the corners. The gear change is boggling, a tall lever on the left. The throttle system is link after link... I liked the contrast with "Simplicity" a few cars along in the paddock, in particular the throttle which is a peddle with the end sticking out the top of the foot bulge attached to a cable, two components. I'd not noticed before and having done so it was fun to watch the throttle moving on the start line and away. Simplicity is more my thing, but the PGS was a delight to see, a different approach, lots of paddock interest, and has found a good home.

https://www.vsccmembers.co.uk/vsccMedia/...xBVeHDzIPQ

...and first on handicap. Hopefully will be out again soon. Having taken a couple of seconds off per run she's of the "right stuff" and was very enjoying herself so I expect so.
Running similar times to Simplicity, poof indeed of Jack's concept and a lesson perhaps a few of us need to be reminded of...myself included.
Black Art Enthusiast
I think the PGS driver might go a bit quicker. She took a couple of seconds off each run and this was her very first speed event ever. Tyres are really significant at Wiscombe (and 99pct of other venues...), and the PGS is on tall thin pretty tyres. Not sure what Simplicity was running but as a racing car they could have been wide 15in.
No disrespect to Graham Beckett, but I imagine Simplicity would be caring a fair bit more weight.
Black Art Enthusiast
It was nice to see the PGS in action.  Very nicely driven too.  Pictures here:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yum! Heart
Hmm. some things sublime. But a tig welded ali tank? on what is supposed to be a post vintage 'racing' car? And the VSCC dont like Dynamators!.