The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Car Pics
(22-08-2017, 09:58 PM)Colin Reed Wrote: Hi James, A very well engineered Special
               One Question How does the spring on the control rod the runs above the rear springs at the diff end Work.
               I fully understand if you would rather not explain.

All the best for the first race

Colin

Hi Colin,

Thanks, with regard the spring on the control arm, it's an idea I came up with for an active damper, I am also running shock absorbers, the axle also runs a panard rod and I have also made a antiroll bar. I am trying to float the rear axle between the two spring deflections. It feels good so far but not used in anger yet.

James
What a super special, it's good to see someone's dream turn to reality.
Even better when it shows your passion in your workmanship.
Any idea what it weighs?

Paul N-M
(24-08-2017, 02:49 PM)Paul N-M Wrote: Any idea what it weighs?

Paul N-M

Going to weigh it at the weekend, I would guess at 350+ kilos
Can we do guess the weight of the cake please? Will there be prizes and forfeits? ;-)
I'll go for 363 kg.
BTW, the later pics are also evidence of a lovely job. Will it be out to play anywhere near me in N.Yorks by any chance?I would really like to give it a careful look over as all the details appeal...
(24-08-2017, 08:54 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Can we do guess the weight of the cake please? Will there be prizes and forfeits? ;-)
I'll go for 363 kg.
BTW, the later pics are also evidence of a lovely job. Will it be out to play anywhere near me in N.Yorks by any chance?I would really like to give it a careful look over as all the details appeal...

With the tubular upper frame etc, the supercharger plus the more sophisticated suspension I guess 355kg
Fruit cake for me please. (no sarcy comments please!)

Paul N-M
I think there's quite a bit of weight in those extra bits and pieces, so i'll go for 377kg; fruit cake is fine, as long as there's plenty of marzipan and icing!
Wow I am feeling under pressure now!

I will do my best to get it weighed tonight tomorrow, extra bits do weigh a bit.....

.jpg   zzzzhobnobsb.jpg (Size: 46.56 KB / Downloads: 292)
At country shows I always was under the impression that if you guessed the weight correctly you got to take the cake home...
I suppose I'll have to give that notion up as we haven't been asked for an entry fee!
(If it's got to be Hobnobs I want plain chocolate ones)
A lovely looking little Special, well done !! I'll weigh in for 368kg's...better make sure those chocolate Hobnobs are packed for International travel....

I'm curious about the distributor placement and how you drive it, also the head with the welch plugs on the side, central water off take etc, etc..... On both our single seaters we've modified the dizzy end plate & drive to seat up against the alloy cam gear casting cover, so dispensing with the generator but keeping a short shaft as short of running it from the nose of the cam we couldn't see any other drive options

A lot of 'stuff' under that little bonnet, must have taken many hours of careful engineering, I know how long it's taken us and we've only built ours as a Hillclimb special, no generator, 12v alarm battery to provide the sparks, changed for a fresh one half way through the day. Hand pressurised fuel tank etc. Far simpler than yours

How have you secured your rear panhard rod, I presume from that substantial tube frame behind your back ?

Cheers
Greig