The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Car Pics
Here are some pictures of my 1936 Single Seater project. It has taken 21 Months to build and is just about ready now.
She is racing in Angouleme on the 17th September and then hopefully I shall do the Historic 750MC Formula next year.

Always glad for peoples opinions.

Very nice , mind that exhaust. What sort of speed would you expect to get out of her. There you are one of the classic questions . What's it worth and how old is it. My grandad didn't learn to drive in one. The
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Very tidy, a lovely job.
Excellent,well done... building from scratch is a considerable endeavour.
What's the story with the two piece front beam ?... those headers exit the hood side very nicely and with some purpose.
Have you driven on the road yet... how was it ?
I'm new around here and very impressed with the skill and craftsmanship in evidence.

Beautiful car Wink
(22-08-2017, 05:24 PM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: Very nice , mind that exhaust. What sort of speed would you expect to get out of her. There you are one of the classic questions . What's it worth and how old is it. My grandad didn't learn to drive in one. The

Thanks Derek, exhaust is due a good wrapping any day now!

(22-08-2017, 06:01 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: Very tidy, a lovely job.

Thanks Duncan.

(22-08-2017, 07:12 PM)Albert S Wrote: Excellent,well done... building from scratch is a considerable endeavour.
What's the story with the two piece front beam ?... those headers exit the hood side very nicely and with some purpose.
Have you driven on the road yet... how was it ?

Hi Albert,

So many hours I cannot tell you. Lots of obstacles to overcome but it seems very worthwhile.

The front axle is a 1950 design with an integral bearing / bushing assembly in it allowing the beam to twist a small amount.

The headers are my design and creation but the back box is off a Harley, the exhaust note is perfect.

Yes driven it, now adjusting a few parts, pedal box and prop shaft length and UJ's. The suspension worked perfectly.

I am also going to fit a 4.3 ratio rear crown wheel and pinion to give the gears some more length. This will not be available till early October though.

James

(22-08-2017, 08:07 PM)John Penny Wrote: I'm new around here and very impressed with the skill and craftsmanship in evidence.

Beautiful car Wink

Thanks John, for such a simple car it has absorbed so many hours and engineering time.
I have enjoyed watching your progress on the Forum and on FB - a very purposeful looking car which sounds very sweet. Good luck with racing, and developing, it further.
A few engine shots.

(22-08-2017, 08:41 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I have enjoyed watching your progress on the Forum and on FB - a very purposeful looking car which sounds very sweet.  Good luck with racing, and developing, it further.

Thanks Ruairidh,

Its a mixture of mostly old as you can see and some new bits and pieces, not everyone's cup of tea but its running gear and chassis date back to the 1930s and I have tried to use all old bits when I can.

Development will continue for many years no doubt!

James
Stunning, stunning car. Makes me realise how little I know and how limited my skills are!
Hi James, A very well engineered Special
               One Question How does the spring on the control rod the runs above the rear springs at the diff end Work.
               I fully understand if you would rather not explain.

All the best for the first race

Colin