The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longleat 1970 show - any Nippy photos?
70C08 mag has a lovely pic of the above (taken by Mike Costigan, who has indicated he might have the original slide too!). 

In the background is a Nippy.. the quality isnt good enough for magnification from the printed mag, but I wonder if anyone has other pics that might identify Nippies from that show...?

Come to think of it, has anyone got any good pictures of Nippy line ups from ANY early shows like that, full stop!

thanks in anticipation...
The Bristol Club digitised all their Cine films a few years back - that Rally will have been filmed.
ooh, who shall I ask for a borrow, Ruairidh? (Presuming that it will unlikely to be uploaded on youtube yet?)

My rationale being that it is unlikely that cars appearing in 1970s will now be lost. I'm gradually assessing a column on my database for runners/restored/split or otherwise...
Jon, I have started looking through my old slides ... and thought I had hit the jackpot straight away! But no, these were Longleat 1969; here's the Nippy line up that year - the white car nearest the camera is reg no NG 864x, the others are unidentifiable:

...and here's a Nippy on a Derbyshire Rally I organised around the same time (probably 1968, could be as late as 1970):

great stuff. The primose one was the much-prizewinning Paine car (then), and the white one apparently went to Sweden and is now in Italy - and blue!
Yes Jon, but Mr Payne didn't like it much when I came along with BKX 886 and won best sports 3 times at Beaulieu!
I'm still looking for the original that prompted this thread, but here are a couple more:

OD 6636 on the 1968 Welsh Rally ... and again, just visible on this shot of a 1928 Avon at the 1968 Stanford Hall Rally:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here is the same car in 1964 - it changed hands recently.

https://gordonenglandregister.wordpress....rousel-859
lovely - v. early 65 and no body number recorded on register - would be lovely to uncover that one!