The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Ruby spare fuel can...
(18-06-2018, 07:57 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I asked Andrew Goodfellow to make me a spare fuel can that would fit under the bonnet of my Pearl - it arrived today and I am quite delighted.  

Looks great, surely they must have been made similar to that originally !
(18-06-2018, 07:57 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: I asked Andrew Goodfellow to make me a spare fuel can that would fit under the bonnet of my Pearl - it arrived today and I am quite delighted.  

Why no handle, wouldn't it be easier to pour with a handle?
(19-06-2018, 02:05 PM)David Cochrane Wrote: Looks very nice - do you know how much it holds?

It is just over a gallon David - I expected it to be less.
(19-06-2018, 03:29 PM)Austin Carr Wrote:

Why no handle, wouldn't it be easier to pour with a handle?

It works fine - similarly to the wing tanks that have no handle either.
Ruby Spare Fuel Can.

The spare Fuel Can holds just over a 1 Gallon. It sits nicely on the passenger side of the bulkhead and it is easily accessed under the bonnet by unscrewing the lovely turned brass nut on the top mounting. Enabling you to access it when you accidently run out of fuel.

To mount the Fuel Can you require to drill 4 holes, 3 for the top mounting bracket and 1 for the bottom mounting bracket (the other hole uses and existing hole in the bulkhead).

I am in the process of making a batch of these up. So if anyone would like one please email me at metalwork@ossian4.co.uk
The Cost is £240.00= Plus postage & Packing.

Please note that each Fuel Can will be supplied with a badge which sits on the lid towards the front of the Fuel Can. (See Ruairidh's 3rd picture for where it will sit)

Many thanks for all the kind comments so far.

Andrew Goodfellow
Goodfellows Creative Metalwork
(18-06-2018, 10:56 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: He advertises here Steve:  http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/services.html

Many thanks Ruairidh, Andrew is currnetly out of stock but there will be more in due course. I don't know who is in charge of that list, but it is distinctly out of date, sadly so in one case.
There is a very up to date list here Steve: http://oldcarservices.co.uk/
(19-06-2018, 03:49 PM)A Goodfellow Wrote: Ruby Spare Fuel Can.

The spare Fuel Can holds just over a 1 Gallon. It sits nicely on the passenger side of the bulkhead and it is easily accessed under the bonnet by unscrewing the lovely turned brass nut on the top mounting. Enabling you to access it when you accidently run out of fuel.

To mount the Fuel Can you require to drill 4 holes, 3 for the top mounting bracket and 1 for the bottom mounting bracket (the other hole uses and existing hole in the bulkhead).

I am in the process of making a batch of these up. So if anyone would like one please email me at metalwork@ossian4.co.uk
The Cost is £240.00= Plus postage & Packing.

Please note that each Fuel Can will be supplied with a badge which sits on the lid towards the front of the Fuel Can. (See Ruairidh's 3rd picture for where it will sit)

Many thanks for all the kind comments so far.

Andrew Goodfellow
Goodfellows Creative Metalwork
Well done with these andrew,

And at a sensible price, there is alot of time spent in running around sorting machineing, laser cutting. Badges Etc. That's without your expertease in the panel work, and spraying. Even a two gallon can cap costs a tenner nowadays.

Would look fantastic with a PRATTS or shell sticker, I think they are a tenner each now as well.

Well done.

tony.