The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zenith updraft
Right just taken the zenith updraught of my wifes chummy as it started to loose all power and then picked up again... I assumed it was blocked jets...

Reassembled and fuel pours out.... seems to come out around the two jet cover nuts on the bottom and the ittle screw hole just up a bit from there..... not pucking out of the float chamber.....   could this still be flooding or gasket failure round screw hole and  jet covers....

Any advice gratefully received

Pete
Which carb are you using? If it is the Zenith 22 FZ B (i.e. the Mazak rather than the Zenith 22 FZ), then the threads are a weak point. I ruined the original carb for my '29 Saloon just before the VSCC light car welsh a few years back by over-tightening one of the threads - causing a hairline crack in the Mazak.

It's probably worth checking the fibre washers on the cover nuts are not cracked.

Peter
(15-06-2018, 07:11 PM)Peter Johnson Wrote: Which carb are you using? If it is the Zenith 22 FZ B (i.e. the Mazak rather than the Zenith 22 FZ), then the threads are a weak point. I ruined the original carb for my '29 Saloon just before the VSCC light car welsh a few years back by over-tightening one of the threads - causing a hairline crack in the Mazak.

It's probably worth checking the fibre washers on the cover nuts are not cracked.

Peter

hey there

that Mazak stuff is the devils work.... this is the brass version wasn't leaking till I took to bits sigh...... just the hick up I expweienced made me think blocked jets!
Are you sure you haven't disturbed the fuel level and it is overflowing the main jet and dribbling out the air intake and then down over the jet caps?
I think you are right about mazak, I've just come across a model railway forum notice of almost new models disintegrating, so our 86 year old 22FZBs are doing well.

[attachment=3053 Wrote:Dave Mann pid='11763' dateline='1529266790']Are you sure you haven't disturbed the fuel level and it is overflowing the main jet and dribbling out the air intake and then down over the jet caps?
I think you are right about mazak, I've just come across a model railway forum notice of almost new models disintegrating, so our 86 year old 22FZBs are doing well.
I now have a 22FZB on my bench, which has suffered not from mazak disease but some past abuse. It's the second one I've had with a broken mounting flange, it is repairable, and I've figured out how this is done. Please remove the carburettor from the engine before attempting to remove the engine from the car. I still haven't figured out how the choke flap mounting gets broken.