The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
steering light... wandering
Good day

I have my chummy back from menders and now to getting on with mending!  The steering still seems light and id say twitchy.... its a 27 chummy...

I had a special a long time ago and I don't remember it like this.....

Also it NEVER goes on the handle...... I'm guessing  the pin the butterly is on is worn and its sucking in air weakening the mix when trying to start...

Finally steering arms..... how many here have replaced as a matter of course.....

replies

Best

Pete
Steering arm replaced. Twitchy steering, check your "toe in / out". My steering went from heavy to twitchy and then normal by slight adjustment of the track rod.
(12-06-2018, 07:15 PM)dockerpt Wrote: Good day

I have my chummy back from menders and now to getting on with mending!  The steering still seems light and id say twitchy.... its a 27 chummy...

I had a special a long time ago and I don't remember it like this.....

Also it NEVER goes on the handle...... I'm guessing  the pin the butterly is on is worn and its sucking in air weakening the mix when trying to start...

Finally steering arms..... how many here have replaced as a matter of course.....

replies

Best

Pete

Check kingpin caster - a slight backward lean makes a great difference.

Still on the original steering arms.

Cheers, Tony.
Checking the tracking would help you i am sure.
what is the typical toe in recommended...?