The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Scammers back
It must be Sunday , he,s back with the Ulster Special ( on behalf of a relative ) at starting bid of £64 but will take £5000. Reported.
The Scammers are back with a vengeance. He's got 512 cars for sale.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Classic-Cars/...nkshopxxxx
I reported them one by one and each time eBay takes them out, they came back with the same cars but different Seller name.
One of the batches he put on this morning comprised approximately 1,250 individual listings! That's the largest number I can recall seeing so far.
All taken out by eBay
Yes, the listings are invariably killed off within the hour. But that's somewhat academic, as the scammer always has the next batch lined up to start as soon as the previous ones are gone.
(02-07-2018, 04:35 PM)Ian M Wrote: Yes, the listings are invariably killed off within the hour. But that's somewhat academic, as the scammer always has the next batch lined up to start as soon as the previous ones are gone.

With all these new hacking methods used by others in elections whatever surely it is not beyond the wit of those clever people at eBay to devise a method of getting rid of these scammers !
Or will this slow down the earnings ?
The difficulty is that the scammer is using legitimate seller accounts for his listings, so the scam isn't immediately detectable. Once eBay kills off the fraudulent listings, typically within the space of an hour, the scammer simply moves on to use yet another stolen seller ID. These bona fide seller accounts are presumably harvested via phishing scams, in which genuine sellers unwittingly give away their eBay credentials as a result of receiving an email that purports to be from eBay. Something along the lines of: "Dear Valued Customer, We have detected some errors in your account details and request that you log on using the link below to correct these errors as soon as possible. Otherwise, your account will be terminated."
If money is transferred to an account the account is traceable, if the will is there. Personally I don't have the time or inclination to get involved but for sure the guy can be caught...
They are one step ahead already, they have thousand of fraudulent accounts opened with fake passports and utility bills which are quiet easy to reproduce with new technology . Accounts are traceable but banks don't want to do anything they are as guilty as the scammers.
(12-06-2018, 08:31 AM)Ian M Wrote: No. Once one listing gets reported, the entire lot will go. Then he'll line up a new batch later in the day under yet another hacked seller ID. His expectation is that the listings will be around flor long enough for interested parties to make contact via the email address(es) he provides. The vehicles are invariably listed at bargain prices so that interested parties will act quickly.

This the email he sent....Thank you for your interest. Sorry for the late reply. The car is still for sale and available for viewing in Kirkwall, Orkney - North Scotland. It belonged to my husband who unfortunately passed away few weeks ago. All related paperwork are available in my name. My last asking price is £3600 including delivery to your home address. Where abouts are you based?

See below some info on the car:

Here we have a delightful little Austin 7 Ruby. 

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
Alan